No announcement yet.

Weighted Vest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weighted Vest

Hey I just curious if any of you guys use a weighted vest when your shadow boxing and if so what you think of it.

Thanks guys

weighted vests are money! i use them when i'm doing like sprints and explosive training. i dont like shadowbox or use them for endurance training, just short bursts. sometimes i'll use them for pushups, pullups, etc.

Comment

yeh i was thinkin bout buyin one of these to..one of my main concern is tho that will it effect my spine?like after a while will i develop scoliosis?

Comment

That's a good question. See I was thinking about using it for shadow boxing as well but for when I do a round of defense to get my body moving faster to slip punches.

Originally posted by FIGHTING_FLIP View Post
        yeh i was thinkin bout buyin one of these to..one of my main concern is tho that will it effect my spine?like after a while will i develop scoliosis?

Comment

I hear bad things about them. I guess it depends on what your money's like, but for me I don't want to spend $150 just to add resistance to push-ups and pull-ups. I hear it sucks to run with them, so I wouldn't be doing that (they bounce a lot and are just straight uncomfortable, shadow boxing sounds like a good idea with them and I've seen Melvin Manhoef (K-1 kickboxer use one), but I too would be a bit concerned about ****ing up your back using one.

Just my 2-cents, but I'm only regurgitating what I've been told.

Comment

only if you are uneducated will you think of some some **** like that. but you are not stupid, right? so i take it that you just weren't very good with your sarcasm here. it's ok though.

That's a good question. See I was thinking about using it for shadow boxing as well but for when I do a round of defense to get my body moving faster to slip punches.
            don't bend your spine side to side much when using a weighted vest unless you want to **** up your spine.
            come to think of it, you should never really do that.

Comment

I dont know anyone who uses a Weighted Vest for shadow boxing, but I know people who use it for running, good results if you can handle it

Comment

Im going to buy the weighted shorts pretty soon. That will be a huge improvement to my explosiveness

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
                  Im going to buy the weighted shorts pretty soon. That will be a huge improvement to my explosiveness
                  never heard of that. where do u get them at?

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    never heard of that. where do u get them at?
                    http://store.titleboxing.com/strengt...ed-shorts.html

Comment

Working...
                    X