No announcement yet.

new york

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new york

anybody live in the brooklyn area? is it expensive, nice area?

depends where in brooklyn. some areas in bk u dont wanna walk there at night. tough to say...

Comment

Brooklyn is huge dude, I know more about Queens but if you have general questions I could probably help you out.

Comment

yeah hows queens? nice area? how far away from gleason's gym if you know

Comment

Originally posted by kcpalm View Post
          yeah hows queens? nice area? how far away from gleason's gym if you know
          well If you wanna go to a brooklyn gym you're probobly looking for something on the border. there's some real ****ty neighborhoods in that area like queensbridge and parts of astoria (but parts of astoria are nice). In queens it's funny like jamaica ave, southside is maybe the worst ny hood, while jamaica estates is maybe the nicest. I used to live on 211 & 73 which is on the border of south bayside and hollis by francis lewis blvd.

IDK if it matters to you the ethnicity of the neighborhood but jackson heights is mostly colombian, flushing's jewish, korean, russian, dominican, bayside's white, astoria's greek and black, hollis+qb+lefrak+south jamaica etc is black

it's confusing because all of the neighborhoods overlap, but flushing, st albans, francis lewis... are cheap but fairly low crime rates in comparison to other areas.

bad spots are right next to good ones, so you should check out places you're interested in in person

hope that helped

Comment

but again queens alone is big enough to be america's fourth largest city, so it's hard to answer such a general question

Comment

Brooklyn is a really nice neighborhood..and it's very cultured

Comment

thanks so much for your help!!

Comment

You got to narrow it down. Brooklyn's ****ing mega. All of the boroughs are going to have good and bad areas. You have to choose a neighborhood and even within a neighborhood your going to have nicer sections and less nice sections. I think everyone on here could help you better if you slimmed down your question.

Comment

i am more trying to figure out if there are places in brooklyn that are nice (which obviously there are) that are affordable for a 20 year old just out of school.

Comment

Working...
                    X