No announcement yet.

Putting on weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting on weight

Is thre any way i can put on weight, still workout and keep my muscles ripped?? I started doing workouts at home a while ago and its making my muscles alot more visible but its making me shed loads of weight. When i started i was 10.6 stone and a quarter, im not 10.1 stone and a quarter and although i look ripped it makes me feel uneasy because maybe i wont be able to take as strong a punch anymore. I don't know but i want to be about 10.5 stone and still be strong and ripped.

In simpler terms i need to put on weight but get fitter at the same time... impossible huh?? lol

Comment

no, not impossible. I was in the same situation as yourself several years ago when i fought competitively. Just make sure you eat alot (five small meals a day) and train hard. I found body weight, weight training, plyometrics and isometric exercises worked well for me. I was 72.5kgs or 159.5lbs (2000) now ('07) im 105kg or 231lbs. In my limited experience the best advice i can give you is to just train hard and speak to your coach.

.....Or if you're really desperate get some lessons of "whitehope".

Comment

hard, first bulk than trim down

Comment

Guiness you skinny bastard!

j/k! haha. I have no idea... i ain't gunna feel sorry for you. Anyone whose finds it difficult to keep to weight is guna give you NO sympathy! haha.

Hows about you hit the weights and get some nutritional suppliments.. you know, protein shakes and all that crap.... i dunno owt about it tho scab.

Comment

if ur fightin scab, why would u wanna be bigger if ur naturally smaller. i would jus get as strong as possible in ur weight confines and u'll be able to take a punch fine, as long as u spar alot and work on ur skills and ****. dont gain unnecessary mass, i dono wut a stone is, 14 pounds? i guess if ur fightin AMs, 10.1 stone or 10.5 stone is probly the same weight isnt it? if it was me i would jus get as strong as i possibly could at the weight my body is most comfortable at.

Comment

Originally posted by scab46 View Post
              Is thre any way i can put on weight, still workout and keep my muscles ripped?? I started doing workouts at home a while ago and its making my muscles alot more visible but its making me shed loads of weight. When i started i was 10.6 stone and a quarter, im not 10.1 stone and a quarter and although i look ripped it makes me feel uneasy because maybe i wont be able to take as strong a punch anymore. I don't know but i want to be about 10.5 stone and still be strong and ripped.
              why not just box at your natural weight?

i'm 225lbs so i have the problem of being to big for cruiser weight and too small for heavy, this is why i work out. you shouldn't need to

Comment

Working...
              X