No announcement yet.

got nailed in sparring...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got nailed in sparring...

man today was only my 2nd time in the ring, and the first time was with a fat ass heavy and he just made a mockery of boxing by grabbing and pushing me

im 185 pounds and today my trainer put me in with this rowdy heavyweight who must be at least 225, hes also had 7 amatuer fight and he is 6-1.... i was so nervous when y trainer told me who i was going against i forgot to take my contacts out..lol

well the first shot he hit me with knocked it out of my left eye and i couldnt see **** for the rest of the round but i didnt want to stop with everyone watching... well he nailed me with a big right hand and left me with a nasty shiner... kinda embarrassing but im happy that i took such a big shot from a guy 40 pounds heavier...

to make matters a little better by the time i got my contact in and came backto the ring he had busted the nose of the next guy who stepped in...

all in all it was cool though, i hit him with a real good left hook in the gut and i heard the wind go out of him and i doubled it up with a right hand over the top so i didnt get shut out or anything... looking forward to getting in there with some guys who are actually my size...

i kinda want to spar this dude again though, i just abandoned everything i wanted to do cause of he nerves and it really cost me. i slipped his jab a couple times and could have countered him but was too tentative.. i guess thats probably normal though

sounds like an insane match up for your second time sparring. nice work tho.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
      sounds like an insane match up for your second time sparring. nice work tho.

yeah i guess i should consider it a good thing that my trainer had the confidence to even put me in.... i dont think ill fighting anyone near as strong or tough as this guy in an amateur fight until im at a serious tournament

ive only been training for 3 weeks, this guy has at least 6 months under his belt.... but there just arent a whole lot of guys around to spar at our gym and even though im only 185 im 6'3 so i guess he figured im big enough

Comment

yeah must have done. keep working hard and you'll be giving him the shiners before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
          yeah must have done. keep working hard and you'll be giving him the shiners before too long.
          lets hope, there are a lot of guys at my gym who are inexperienced like me who i could probably beat up on but id rather be in with the good guys anyway. im gonna fight at 178, if i can hold my own with the solid heavyweights it will only build my confidence.

Comment

Working...
          X