No announcement yet.

boxing after weights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boxing after weights

Im trying to put on a little weight. Im 162 right now at 5 9" with very little body fat. Not looking to be much bigger, but just a little. Anyway, i've been using weights twice a week lately to make more room for boxing. Idealy I would like to work out 4 times a week so I can do each body group twice. i have no issues with running before I lift or even after, I never felt like it effected me that much. Boxing worries me, being that it is such a full body work out in itself. I know if I box before I lift, I wont be able to lift that well...

so just wondering, is boxing AFTER I lift going to render my weight training useless? I have always thought that it would be too much for the body to keep up with, trying to rebuild the muscles that you worked with weights and now all the muscles that you worked with boxing at the same time. Am I wrong? Again, im not looking to put on much weight really, just dont want to render my whole weight training routine useless because im hitting the heavy bag/shadow boxing afterwards.

thanks

first off why your name HOURGLASS? you got an hour glass figure or something?

i wouldnt do that man...if you lifting body building style to failure you can injure yourself boxing...bodybuilding style weight training is not good for boxing.

you should do circuits and not lift to failure.

Comment

ricky hatton does bodybuilding style training and i think it works for him. i say you test out different methods and see how you feel. only you know your body. boxing after you lift wont render ur lifting useles, but u wont be able to perform as well cuz u'll be mad drained, and vice versa. r u fightin competitively? if u r y do u wanna gain weight? if not, then lifting and boxing makes for a great workout u'll be big, strong, fast, and agile. good luck!

Comment

I Do It 3-4 Times A Week And I Attribute My Power To Years Of Weight Training, Just Dont Go That Heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
          ricky hatton does bodybuilding style training and i think it works for him. i say you test out different methods and see how you feel. only you know your body. boxing after you lift wont render ur lifting useles, but u wont be able to perform as well cuz u'll be mad drained, and vice versa. r u fightin competitively? if u r y do u wanna gain weight? if not, then lifting and boxing makes for a great workout u'll be big, strong, fast, and agile. good luck!
          I doubt hatton lifts to failure though...if he did he wouldnt be able to train or sparr because after doing bicep curls to failure your arms are so sore the next day if you o ver extend it you can actually tear it it takes a good 4 days to heal before you could go full out on punching...trust me i might be skinny but i used to do that **** and i was sore.

Comment

oh yea word i didnt see he was talkin bout trainin to failure yea u should def never train to failure if ur boxin imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post
              I doubt hatton lifts to failure though...if he did he wouldnt be able to train or sparr because after doing bicep curls to failure your arms are so sore the next day if you o ver extend it you can actually tear it it takes a good 4 days to heal before you could go full out on punching...trust me i might be skinny but i used to do that **** and i was sore.
              Hate to tell you but your wrong here Domain. The lactic acid build-up that you are referring to disapates after a few weeks of doing the bicep curls. I hit my biceps and triceps once a week and never have any issues throwing punches and i train to failure most workouts for years now.

Comment

do u train bodybuilding style for fighting? dont u find that ur alot tighter and **** liftin like that. i sometimes lift like once every 10 days or so like clean and press, squat, deadlift, dumbell swings, one arm snatch - the swing and snatch i do for 3 sets of 25 and the others i do for 3 sets of 3, cuz i aint tryin to put on unnecesary mass.

Comment

well how about lifting after you box and doing light weights lots of reps

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                    do u train bodybuilding style for fighting? dont u find that ur alot tighter and **** liftin like that. i sometimes lift like once every 10 days or so like clean and press, squat, deadlift, dumbell swings, one arm snatch - the swing and snatch i do for 3 sets of 25 and the others i do for 3 sets of 3, cuz i aint tryin to put on unnecesary mass.
                    if you lifted light a few days a week you would strengthen the muscles without the adverse effects of soreness. After a couple weeks of consistent use in the weight room the muscles get used to strain and you will get stronger. As long as you lift lightish, you wont pack on unecessary muscle.

Comment

Working...
                    X