No announcement yet.

Visiting OTHER GYMS for Sparring Experience

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting OTHER GYMS for Sparring Experience

Do you guys ever as a group visit other gyms for sparring ?

NOT in a challenge type of way, just as a learning experience, for both gyms.

My instructor arranges such visits maybe every 6-8 weeks and they are great. Sparring people who you don't usually spar with is great experience.

You really get to see how different gyms favour different styles even if it's subtle.

Yeah, we do that a lot, definitely a great tool.

Comment

A good idea for novices who have not had many fights. They will gain experience. My gym also takes us up to spar with pro's once a month.

Comment

yep definetely something you should do

i havent done this for a few months but we are starting it up again soon with another gym

Comment

If your coach is a lazy bum, arrange some by yourself. Me and my gym mates do this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by msagrain View Post
            Yeh but at some gyms they take it to far.
            Agreed! One of my friends got jumped after whooping another guys ass at his gym as he was in the gyms parking lot. Now im not saying that this happend 100% because of him outworking this other guy but isint it ironic how he whoops the guy and then as hes leaving the other guys territory he gets jumped?

Comment

yehh lol thats pretty bitchy thing to do, i would just wait till i sparred him again to get revenge

i only streetfight if someone hits me first or if they provoke me or one of my frends, i wouldnt jump someone just because they made me look bad

Comment

I think he meant in the ring. Not even *****'s in England would stoop as low as them yank stories you just told!

If they take it too far in sparring then I suppose that is what boxing is all about! Your coach should be able to deal with it, and play the ref. If he can;t handle him then maybe you should not have a coach who is trteated like a *****! As for other trouble, you should handle it or you're in the wrong sport. Get some of your own mates too!

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu44 View Post
                  yehh lol thats pretty bitchy thing to do, i would just wait till i sparred him again to get revenge

i only streetfight if someone hits me first or if they provoke me or one of my frends, i wouldnt jump someone just because they made me look bad
                  I was suppose to go with my friend on the night that stuff happend. I knew that area and gym was not the greatest and I already didnt like some of the kids out of that gym so if i would of chose to go it would of only been trouble, even if i didnt say anything and just went there to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X