No announcement yet.

Straining knees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Straining knees

When I go to crouch my knees feel strained like they gonna burst. Could this be tight muscles? If so what stretches could I do, and do I need to warm up before those stretches?

Thankyou

If anything you do causes tendon pain, dont do it. You can work through muscle pain, but if you try to work through tendon pain, you are gonna end up hurt. What you should do is slowley build up the strength of your knees. I had that problem when I first started boxing, weak knees.

Id recomend that you start strengthening your knees by doing bodyweight squats, only as low as you can squat before you feel the pain. It will take a long time, because tendons are rediculously slow to heal and build strength. Just stick with it though and dont move to fast.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Matt, those tendons will stretch -- in that, I mean they will adapt to being pulled -- but slowly. A couple of things in addition to the above.

1.) STRETCH. Every morning. Right after a hot shower is best. Hamstring and quad stretches, groin stretch (not pulling your pud, the other groin stretch), splits if you can, as far as you can. It should only take about 5 minutes a day and it will help. You should do this every day of your life, anyway.

2.) With your leg out straight and relaxed, you should be able to move your kneecap with your fingers by pushing on it lightly. It will move up, down, and to each side.

DO NOT PUSH IF IT HURTS, NOR PUSH BEYOND THE FIRST SIGN OF PAIN.

The mobility of the kneecap will increase the more you do this. There are tendons -- the patella tendons -- that hold the kneecap in place. You can gently stretch them this way.

Comment

growing pains matt

Comment

Working...
          X