Collapse
No announcement yet.

slapping yourself in the face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do it, please record it and let us watch. Watching someone slap themselves endlessly for a few minutes, until eventually they begin full on hitting themselves, would be flat out hilarious.

Seriously mate, I doubt it'd work. What is it you expect to happen? You 'condition your face'? How? Your skull will thicken? No, that wont happen. Bones sometimes slightly thicken under reoccuring pressure (i.e resistance training) but slapping yourself don't do that, in the slightest. How good your 'chin' is lies on two things: 1) the opposition. If they are very good, or just 'lucky' and cause you some real damage, i.e broken nose or something, then most will throw in the towel, but not all, which brings you onto 2) your will power, your state of mind.

Comment

hahahaha there is a guy at my gym that is always throwing awkward punches like round house punches and overhead punches and once he threw an overhead punch and slipped the bag and hit himself exactly on the nuts, hahhaha the whole gym was laughing for about 5 minutes.

ahahaha i know this vids are not about boxing but i imagine this is kind of what you want to do : its ****ing crazy haahah

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8YXrqQCghsU&feature=related
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=mbFnWL4npaM this one is ****ing insane haha

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
        I was going like a maniac and people were watching me, so I started hitting my nose with my right, I cant really explain why I guess, maybe just to show them it didnt hurt
        You cried afterwards admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by whatevathehell View Post
          think it will condition your face for a hit if say I was to do this at night starting off with medium hits on each side for a minute and then working up to harder blows for longer lengths of time?

think it will age me faster though?

Comment

I'm glad i'm not alone in the 'hit yourself by accident department. Doing pad work the other week i threw a right uppercut that somehow missed the pad altogether and clocked me straight in the face. I felt like an absolute dork. I still can't figure out how I did it

Comment

Originally posted by Sven72 View Post
              I'm glad i'm not alone in the 'hit yourself by accident department. Doing pad work the other week i threw a right uppercut that somehow missed the pad altogether and clocked me straight in the face. I felt like an absolute dork. I still can't figure out how I did it
              You think that's bad! When I was a young 'un I was training to be a joiner and managed to hit my teeth with the hammer when aggressively knocking a nail in! Thankfully it only smashed the bottom half of one of my front teeth - could have been a lot worse.

I think it's just what happens when you go hell-for-leather - you're not 100% in control.

Comment

YES....slapping your face and working your way up to full blown punches is an excellent drill that i would recommend you to incorporate into your routine...this is so hardcore many of you may not even have the balls to give it a go, while only a few, truly gifted athletes can handle this type of intensive training.....

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
                  YES....slapping your face and working your way up to full blown punches is an excellent drill that i would recommend you to incorporate into your routine...this is so hardcore many of you may not even have the balls to give it a go, while only a few, truly gifted athletes can handle this type of intensive training.....
                  Detroit......you are being sarcastic? Yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Unanimous View Post
                    Detroit......you are being sarcastic? Yes?
                    Cmon....you should know the answer to this....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit101 View Post
                      Cmon....you should know the answer to this....lol
                      Yeah, lol! My bad!

Comment

Working...
                      X