Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corkscrew punch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gio, that's the ruddic smash. The corckscrew push is a reference to ali. It's what dundee called his overhand right that laid someone out ( I can't remember who ) it sort of goes around the guys left guard or if he's throwing a jab you slip it while throwing the twisty over hand right.

Comment

Hajime no Ippo's the best comic book/anime ever. ****in' love it.

And yes, the corkscrew punch is when you twist your hand right around impact. I think Terry McGovern was one of the first fighters to really develop it. Back then, with the gloves they had, he was really good at making cuts on his opponents, using the corkscrew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McGovern_(boxer)

Comment

Originally posted by PunchDrunk View Post
        Hajime no Ippo's the best comic book/anime ever. ****in' love it.

And yes, the corkscrew punch is when you twist your hand right around impact. I think Terry McGovern was one of the first fighters to really develop it. Back then, with the gloves they had, he was really good at making cuts on his opponents, using the corkscrew.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_McGovern_(boxer)
        hell yeah, hajime no ippo is the best damn manga ive read along wih slam dunk..

Comment

the corkscrew punch is a real punch. it takes on the same action as a drill.

somebody mentioned the image of hatton doing an uppercut. this is the main way i train drilling. corkscrew is more overturning. legend has it that demspey was taught this punch by a chinese boxer. it is a somewhat unconfirmed story, but who knows - i have seen a supposed picture of the two.

Comment

I think Terry McGovern was one of the first fighters to really develop it.

the corkscrew punch is older than modern combative boxing.

Comment

yo j you are an expert in kung fu too

anyway to open a thread for the drunken master

another thing i seen the movie in you avater it is the gorest movie I have ever seen and there is the anime too

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                the corkscrew punch is older than modern combative boxing.
                Sure, but he was one of the first boxers known to inflict cuts on his opponents by using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
                  do they sell the actual books anywhere?
                  You can get'em on E-bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X