Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I just got my ass kicked out of the superheavyweight/heavyweight division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have a naturally bigger build than most people. Just to give an example when my coach was looking for a sparring partner the other coaches asked what my weight was "about 180?" he said. I laughed and told him the truth 225, and they gave me a weird look like "you're ****ed". I wouldnt say I have bad eating habits, but I havent been on a strict diet either. I've started that today because like I said before I dont want to have to be in with guys so much taller.

Comment

Originally posted by DA1CATAS View Post
      How many miles do you run a day? (or when you run how many?) The time?

How many punches are you throwing during your sparring sessions? (how many rounds)

you need to get down to atleast 200 I say while you spar... and thats if your hitting with Great force,... if your 225 at 5'8 you might wanna campaign at 175 if your seriously trying to fight.

If your getting hit with uppercuts when you dig to the body the problem might be that your throwing a lil wide. Its an illusion that your hitting harder by pulling so far back...Try to shorten them and be a lil more percise.

Your gonna need good headmovement at this height being 225 because most people are gonna have the advantage to shoot down at you. Build your neck up as much as possible. Thats gonna be KEY for you if you wanna stay above 160.. which is where your gonna be for a while.

Your key punches are gonna be Hooks...Your Key area will Be the body.. thats all apparent. So when your working are put some emphasis on this training. Jabs are always important but they are mainly just going to be your key to the inside.

Uppercuts and jabs are gonna be your main problem... Meaning the main punch that will be thrown at you... so you should always expect them.

I know i threw alot at you for you only being 3 months but its all Right...

Just work on your endurance and stamina extremenly hard.. they're gonna be your best friend since your just begining.

Hope everything starts to look good for you.

CATASTROPHE

when people come with problems try to help them out not just comment. 1
      Thanks for the comments. I dont run long distance as much because of shin splints, but I run a mile everyday in about 8 minutes. Not running for time, but its a good jog. And I've recently been doing interval training. I do sprints, and I do it on the stairmaster. My stamina is actually decent for my size. I guess I should throw in more cardio for sake of losing weight though? Im going to start a strict diet today. I didnt get a lot of punches off in the sparring session because I was lost and afraid to throw to be honest. Once I started to whiff on a couple of punches, I might have paniced. When I got inside I threw a lot though. Im pretty convinced I just need to drop the weight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Well I have a naturally bigger build than most people. Just to give an example when my coach was looking for a sparring partner the other coaches asked what my weight was "about 180?" he said. I laughed and told him the truth 225, and they gave me a weird look like "you're ****ed". I wouldnt say I have bad eating habits, but I havent been on a strict diet either. I've started that today because like I said before I dont want to have to be in with guys so much taller.

If you are "naturally bigger than most people" then you can expect that most of your opponents will be at least 3 or 4 inches taller than you. When you come right down to it, doesn't matter whether it is 3 or 4 inches or 13 or 14 inches. If you have to learn how to fight small, that is what you have to do. There is no other choice. If you have the physical talent boxing is still a tough sport, but the toughest part of all is making the mental adjustment.

Comment

Are you in shape at 225?...like do u have a visible six pack or no

Comment

Originally posted by Kayo View Post
            Are you in shape at 225?...like do u have a visible six pack or no
            lol naw, Im a fat yank pretty much right now. But at 185 I will be fit because I have big shoulders and legs, and thats still heavyweight right? Id have to work REALLY hard to get down to 174 or whatever the weight is for light heavy. Either way I need to drop weight, and work on fighting small. It just took me getting in there with a bigger guy to realize that.

Comment

185 would be cruiserweight

175 Light Heavy

Comment

lol naw, Im a fat yank pretty much right now.
                Haha, I lol'd at that.

Comment

lol naw, Im a fat yank pretty much right now. But at 185 I will be fit because I have big shoulders and legs, and thats still heavyweight right? Id have to work REALLY hard to get down to 174 or whatever the weight is for light heavy. Either way I need to drop weight, and work on fighting small. It just took me getting in there with a bigger guy to realize that.
                  cruiserweight is 200 pounds, light heavy is 175

i dont know about amateur weight classes though im just getting started myself and havent evan sparred yet... ive gotten myself down from 235 to 195 and im 6'3, it took me about 4 months

Comment

Don't worry about your weight, just get in proper boxing shape. It is at your natural fighting weight you will find the best balance between speed and power. Not only that, you will feel better too.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                      Don't worry about your weight, just get in proper boxing shape. It is at your natural fighting weight you will find the best balance between speed and power. Not only that, you will feel better too.
                      finaly a post i agree with you, dont have a goal weight just train hard and let your body change and when your in good shape then you'll see what weight your at

Comment

Working...
                      X