No announcement yet.

Endurance Physiology Question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yrrej View Post
    Why do you give a **** as long as you can kick the other guy's ass? Nice American bulldog.....
    Valid. I talked to some other guys at my gym and they report the same thing. I guess it's normal. It really affects the older guys, us guys in our 30's. I had just never noticed it until recently. I think because these past few months I've been really working on my pushups and this was the first time that the trainer had called a 3-minute round of just pushups. I was sure I would get up to around 40, and it was a little disheartening. Live and learn.

BTW, I plan to get a puppy sired by the American Bulldog in my avy, next year after I've built my house.

Comment

Fraidycat, doing an exercise is all about recruiting muscle fibres together to pull or push or whatever you want them to do. In order to do so most effectively you need to have decent rest, decent hydration and also appropriate training to increase the resiliance of those muscle fibres. This is what training effectively does, it enhances your nervous system so any given task is done with maximum strength. This ability is therefore being impaired by a combination of those 3 things I mentioned... rest, hydration and training.

For rest times, this will decrease depending on your fitness. Your fitness will determine that you need shorter and shorter rest times to properly recouperate. So for instance rather than a whole minute, after a while it will be just 30 seconds. Which means that this then goes hand in hand with appropriate training. Lasting through your fatigue builds mental and physical strength meaning that you are more likely, next time around, to reach almost your max number of press ups even when tired. And hydration, make sure you are hydrating yourself throughout your workout, since this is what makes your body function to its best.

Thats my advice.

Comment

Working...
      X