No announcement yet.

Heavy Baggin' Round 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
    To me, I think the sound missing takes away from the pop that your actually puttin on the bag... So it may look like ya just tapping it real soft but prolly not

And with the jab, it looks like you're going for a more snappy jab oppose to a strong hard jab.. personally I think thats good, All punches should be snappy.. You guys have to remember, a Jab doesnt have to be like Klitscho's lol it's just a jab, and long as your snapping it, you should give ya opponent problems (or something to think about)
    but those jabs are dam weak..any good boxer who nos what there doing would just time his jab and come up top with a straight right..so maybe it is good to make it snappy but if ur gonna do that make sure ur chin is tucked in and like your shoulder is going up more soo his head aint open nawmean?

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
      ya, I really am having trouble with that jab. At the very begining you might have noticed that I kinda extend my arm out to touch the bag. That's basically what feels like the range to me. It's hard to explain, but basically anything farther than that feels too far. Any suggestions for that? I'd imagine it's a problem with technique, but I can't really pick out what that problem is. I think I developed a habit of those short jabs cause when I was young, I was a tiny motha****a, and I'd get bullied around the ring all day. So I'd just always be backin' up throwing these defensive jabs to get out of the way. But now I've got pretty long arms, and it would be ****** not to use them. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the feedback guys, don't wanna clog up the forum with videos, but I learn a lot from seeing myself on film, and from what others say about it. I think people, especially people struggling with certain aspects about technique should post more vids. Anyways, what about the crosses, is there more proper rotation there? They feel more powerful. Thanks,

Peace,
      Trick

EDIT: Also, about the hands, that's about where I keep them in a fight. I usually don't get pounded to the head all that often. People like to abuse my body, which is I guess a pretty good idea, cause I'm a pretty skinny guy. So I keep my hands a little lower to help with blocking those body blows which kill me. I've never really been cracked on the temple. Never from a left hook, basically from a right, after I throw a left hook of my own, and body is rotated away from is right hand, then I have trouble seeing it coming.

And hell, he may not be the greatest, but if I can be as good as Joe Calzaghe, I'll be happy

thats a really bad habit man just cause u havent really got hit in the head yet doesnt mean you shouldnt guard it..keep doing that and 1 day your gonna get knocked out..just trynna help you out bruh..

Comment

Nah man, I know, I appreciate it. I just meant that at this point I get attacked to the body a lot more I guess cause I'm taller (remember that most people at 150 are shorter than me, and I can even cut to make it down to 145). Protecting my body is more of a priority to me. You think I should really bring those hands up more? Also, I don't seem to get countered by rights, especially comin' from over top, prolly at least in part due to the height. When I do get countered (my jab) it's usually by the other guy's jab.

Don't worry Flip, I do appreciate your advice, I'm just tryin' to explain my reasoning. I've only been gettin' trained really since the beginging of Feb. but I've had a lot of experience on my own, and getting pounded to the body is one of them.

Peace,
        Trick

Comment

Working...
        X