Clear All

• My routine

Stats
    Age=15yrs old
    Weight=80kg
    Height=183cm

AM
    Roadwork 5km (will build up gradually)

Sledgehammer Swinging onto tire (12lb hammer)

Situps
    Pushups
    Chinups

PM

Short run to warmup (2km)

Skipping 10-20 mins

Focus Mitts

Sometimes Sparring

Heavybag work

DE Bag

Stationary bike 10-20 mins

What do you think?

Where do you live? England?

Comment

I live in Australia

Comment

Originally posted by batista View Post
        I live in Australia
        All right just wondering cause you used KiloGrams.

Comment

Some may not agree with me on this one,

But when you said you will increase the distance you run. That's not a bad idea, but you should be more concerned with time. You shouldn't be running for say, an hour in the morning. The gains it gives you aren't really worth it for boxing. Personally, I find 30min a good number, whether you cover 2km or 20km, so long as you're running hard.

Peace,
          Trick

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
            Some may not agree with me on this one,

But when you said you will increase the distance you run. That's not a bad idea, but you should be more concerned with time. You shouldn't be running for say, an hour in the morning. The gains it gives you aren't really worth it for boxing. Personally, I find 30min a good number, whether you cover 2km or 20km, so long as you're running hard.

Peace,
            Trick
            So it is better, in you opinion, to run for 30 mins at a increased speed than to run say, five miles at an average speed. Maybe I will give that a whirl tomorrow, I usually just go out and jog 2-3 miles without paying attention to speed or time, just as long has there is sweating going on and the heart rate is up. Actually I have developed a liking to swimming instead of running as of late.

Comment

Ya, I'd say that it would be better to try to increase the speed in a 30 min time (try to cover a longer distance) than simply increase the time. Unless you have a problem keeping weight down, then it may be better to go longer on the cardio. Ask your trainer what he thinks of that. If he has some plan for you, dont let me **** it up.

Peace,
              Trick

Comment

Working...
              X