No announcement yet.

Videos of me in the gym!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
    well like I said, per month its $30 amatuer, $25 pro, $50 to work out.

I know Kelcie Banks charges something like $150-175 a month for him to train you. I think Sosa charges $75 a month, Some mexican guy charges $100-150 a month, the owner looks ******ed and I dont talk to him though but he trains kids.
    LOL yeah I'll check it out. The reason I am not so sure about Vegas Boxing is because the manager said he could train me how to box and kick box both... I was like well they are two different things and it seems like they are feeding into that MMA **** because I saw a trainer working on grappling or whatever with some guy... I was like wtf?? lol Thats far from my house but it might be worht it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Vick- View Post
      LOL yeah I'll check it out. The reason I am not so sure about Vegas Boxing is because the manager said he could train me how to box and kick box both... I was like well they are two different things and it seems like they are feeding into that MMA **** because I saw a trainer working on grappling or whatever with some guy... I was like wtf?? lol Thats far from my house but it might be worht it.
      yeah, there are LOTS of MMA gyms now because it is becoming so popular. The thing is that they really dont know anything about boxing. I went to one gym here in Vegas where they supposedly had "a boxing gym, MMA, and Kickboxing". They had boxing classes, kickboxing classes, and jiu jitsu classes. I went to look and they had a ring, a grappling mat, 4 heavybags, and a huge double end bag that nobody could miss. I asked one of the trainers if that was all the bags they had and he kinda looked confused and said in like an ******* way. "Thats pretty much all the bags you need!" and looked at me like I didnt know what I was talking about. I started laughing and walked off. No speed bag, 4 identical heavy bags, a useless double end bag, no uppercut bag, no cobra bag, no slip bag. They basically hit a heavybag and thinks that that is boxing.

Comment

it is near the premium outlets downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by coreywash View Post
          looks good...i need to get me a camera...i've had 4 fights and the only one we got recorded was my most recent...i've been meaning to get a copy of my 3rd fight from the dude i fought
          When you get the video post it here, http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...66#post2172466

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
            it is near the premium outlets downtown.
            Yeah thats the thing about this gym I only saw Heavy and Speed bags.. I thought to myself well at least its something. But I don't know all the good gyms are either downtown or on the ********.. Theres nothing good up here in the north west.

Comment

Yeah thats the thing about this gym I only saw Heavy and Speed bags.. I thought to myself well at least its something. But I don't know all the good gyms are either downtown or on the ********.. Theres nothing good up here in the north west.

at Vegas Boxing?

I noticed alot of the MMA places also seem like aerobics because they have like 20 heavybags and have like aerobic like training sessions. "punch for thirty seconds, kick for thirty seconds" etc.

Comment

Well done man, you got good handspeed for a bigger guy. Honestly, while ALOT of cardio is not all that helpful in boxing (at least not very sport-specific), I would recommend maybe even working yourself up to an hour day, just because you've got a fair amount of weight to lose, especially if you wanna make 175. Nothing to intense, it's aerobic training after all, although I do personally advocate interval training. Anyways, for the larger part, I'm self-taught as well, so I can relate to that, and respect that you've got some skills. I have a gym and all, even a couple "trainers" but one on one is basically limited to passing advice. At my gym really it's the "competitors" that all train each other, there's not many of us, really only like 8-10 who are serious about competing. Ahhh well, at $30(cdn) it's good enough for me. Anyways, keep it up man, all that cardio is gonna take some painful dedication, dig deep,

Peace,
                Trick

Comment

good **** man... man that would be crazy if diego corrales was training at my gym, id be dying to jump in the ring with him.

Comment

Squabs.....you pinoy or mexican????

You pretty quick for a big man.

If you ever get a chance ask Diego if he will ever fight in Sacramento.

I use to train at Mateens Boxing gym, where Diego's step dad, Mr. Woods helped train. I met Chico's younger brother too. Real nice guy. lol, my brother use to work with him.

but anyways, you're looking good in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gio View Post
                      Squabs.....you pinoy or mexican????

You pretty quick for a big man.

If you ever get a chance ask Diego if he will ever fight in Sacramento.

I use to train at Mateens Boxing gym, where Diego's step dad, Mr. Woods helped train. I met Chico's younger brother too. Real nice guy. lol, my brother use to work with him.

but anyways, you're looking good in there.

Hell no Im not pinoy!!! IM half mexican and half portugese.

Comment

Working...
                      X