No announcement yet.

best things to do before fights/tourneys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coreywash View Post
    yeah i dont really like how amateur boxing is...you dont even get points for knockdowns or standing 8 counts...and yeah i agree with what u said about the best fighter doesnt always win in amateurs...
    how much did you weigh in at? and how much did your opponent weigh in at?

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
      how much did you weigh in at? and how much did your opponent weigh in at?
      lol yeah another thing that was funny was the weight bracket...my weight bracket was 152-164...my guy weighed in at 158...i was 162...he was like 5'10 or 11 and i'm 6'2...i was killin dude..oh well everyone that saw the fight knows i won...

Comment

Originally posted by coreywash View Post
        lol yeah another thing that was funny was the weight bracket...my weight bracket was 152-164...my guy weighed in at 158...i was 162...he was like 5'10 or 11 and i'm 6'2...i was killin dude..oh well everyone that saw the fight knows i won...
        that right there is why i dont want to get into competition any time soon i weigh 160 and im 5''7' but even if i get down to 150 or so ill still be fighting guys that are way taller than me and fighting someone with a reach advantage over you is very hard

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
          fighting someone with a reach advantage over you is very hard
          What you lack in reach you have to make up in balls. Get in close and stay loose.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            What you lack in reach you have to make up in balls. Get in close and stay loose.
            true words...plus once u get in close **** the body and the hands will drop then you can get at the head

Comment

Working...
            X