No announcement yet.

new stuff!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new stuff!

I am looking for new gloves for no more than 80 bucks I am also looking for new headgear i currently have this onehere is the one im concidering getting
    the problem is i need a pair of gloves that are 16oz for sparring that will last with me just for sparring and will be good and comfy after being broke in and i need them o match with either one of these head guards please help me pick this is the first time i spend more than 30 bucks on a pair of gloves
    http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...ig-gloves.html
    http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ng-gloves.html
    http://store.titleboxing.com/hookclastrai.html

Your links didn't come through.

I have the black headgear shown above with the chin protector -- mine is red. I have been boxing for a year, I spar with heavyweights 2-3 times per week, and I have had only three fat lips, all from uppercuts that grazed, in the 9 months I've had the headgear. The mouth protection of the full-face headgear is excellent. Nose protection is moderate but it is far better than not having the chinpiece. The chin protector helps deflect a straight punch from a 16 oz. glove. If you plan to regularly spar full-speed, I recommend the full-face headgear, just because it will mean less time between injuries. Keep in mind that you will need to borrow someone's open-face headgear when it comes time to compete; I'd suggest using it from time to time so you don't get lazy and depend on the full-face headgear. I found out a week before my first fight that my opponent's jab would drive my rear hand into my lip.

I particularly like the feel of the Title Gel gloves:

I think they are a quantum leap forward in technology and the price is comparable to new professional gloves. The gel forms to your hands giving you a custom fit, they are sleek and deliver solid hits, and the stitching is heavy and they are well-built. I have a pair of the 20 oz. bag gloves, and will be ordering a pair of the training gloves in 16 oz. for sparring once my current sparring gloves (16 oz. Everlast Pro) wear out, as well as a Gel headgear with chin protector to match.
    Last edited by fraidycat; 02-18-2007, 01:22 AM.

Comment

why cant you see the links?
      here is the links of the gloves im lookign at
      http://store.titleboxing.com/titlebo...ig-gloves.html
      http://store.titleboxing.com/gel-training-gloves.html
      http://store.titleboxing.com/hookclastrai.html

Comment

If you want bag gloves, I have to recommend the Title Gel Bag Gloves. They are the most comfortable glove I have ever had. Theyre a little heavy and slow but they feel better than anyothers and I dont get hurt knuckles when I use them.

For sparring, Im not sure I got the IMFs and the INternationals and the title training gloves. The titles seem cheap, the Internationals seem to blocky, and the IMFs are too hard. SO you might wanna look at others ones than these.

For headgear, the Gel Headgear from Title looks good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Animal Squabbs View Post
          If you want bag gloves, I have to recommend the Title Gel Bag Gloves. They are the most comfortable glove I have ever had. Theyre a little heavy and slow but they feel better than anyothers and I dont get hurt knuckles when I use them.

For sparring, Im not sure I got the IMFs and the INternationals and the title training gloves. The titles seem cheap, the Internationals seem to blocky, and the IMFs are too hard. SO you might wanna look at others ones than these.

For headgear, the Gel Headgear from Title looks good too.
          im looking for sparring gloves

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            Your links didn't come through.

I have the black headgear shown above with the chin protector -- mine is red. I have been boxing for a year, I spar with heavyweights 2-3 times per week, and I have had only three fat lips, all from uppercuts that grazed, in the 9 months I've had the headgear. The mouth protection of the full-face headgear is excellent. Nose protection is moderate but it is far better than not having the chinpiece. The chin protector helps deflect a straight punch from a 16 oz. glove. If you plan to regularly spar full-speed, I recommend the full-face headgear, just because it will mean less time between injuries. Keep in mind that you will need to borrow someone's open-face headgear when it comes time to compete; I'd suggest using it from time to time so you don't get lazy and depend on the full-face headgear. I found out a week before my first fight that my opponent's jab would drive my rear hand into my lip.

I particularly like the feel of the Title Gel gloves:

I think they are a quantum leap forward in technology and the price is comparable to new professional gloves. The gel forms to your hands giving you a custom fit, they are sleek and deliver solid hits, and the stitching is heavy and they are well-built. I have a pair of the 20 oz. bag gloves, and will be ordering a pair of the training gloves in 16 oz. for sparring once my current sparring gloves (16 oz. Everlast Pro) wear out, as well as a Gel headgear with chin protector to match.
            im really intrested into those everlast pro training gloves i want to get them in 16oz and only use them for sparring would they last if i only used them to spar? i really like the way they look and iif im psyched on the style of something i end up liking it i just dont want to spend 80 bucks on them and have them blow out on me after a month of just sparring

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
              I have those Everlast hook and loop training gloves, the first ones. They're excellent and I've had mine for about six months. I had a set of the cheap Everlasts and they were very tight on my hands. The Gel gloves are more comfortable and are smaller; the 20-oz. Gel bag gloves I have are about the size of 12-oz. gloves. FYI.

Comment

I have those Everlast hook and loop training gloves, the first ones. They're excellent and I've had mine for about six months. I had a set of the cheap Everlasts and they were very tight on my hands. The Gel gloves are more comfortable and are smaller; the 20-oz. Gel bag gloves I have are about the size of 12-oz. gloves. FYI.
                whats the diffrence between the everlast pro training glove and the title gel gloves?
                Last edited by boxing4ever; 02-18-2007, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
                  whats the diffrence between the everlast pro training glove and the title gel gloves?
                  The Gel gloves have, well, gel inside instead of foam or horsehair. The gel cushions your hands, makes the glove heavier while presenting a slimmer profile, and forms to your hands for a custom fit. The quality of the leather and stitching between the two gloves is comparable, IMO.

Comment

The Gel gloves have, well, gel inside instead of foam or horsehair. The gel cushions your hands, makes the glove heavier while presenting a slimmer profile, and forms to your hands for a custom fit. The quality of the leather and stitching between the two gloves is comparable, IMO.
                    so you say the get gloves are heavier than the everlast ones? and are more comftrable well what does the everlast one have to offer that the gel one doesnt? and is there anything wrong you experienced with the everlast pro training one?

Comment

Working...
                    X