Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luke's Log. (pun intended)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy **** I was tired this weekend... yesterday I ran a mile and did some pushups but was too lazy to do my weights. Today I worked at 7 am and did a shift of bringing **** in from the truck. Its a tiring shift and I'm glad I did it because I'm doing homework for the next 99999 hours today.

Other than that I went out and bought a 75 lb heavy bag, decided to go with it instead of 100 pounds not because of money but because the 100 lb one wasn't the greatest size for my house. It should still do fine. Tomorrow night we're pretty much doing what you said Curly and slapping on wood across a few support beams and hooking up the bag.

If anyone has a good bag routine please let me know. Also any boxing technique sites would help me a lot.

Comment

http://www.globalmma.net/community/s...&threadid=5264

Comment

**** I remember that thread... thanks for reminding me

Comment

for my bag i like to use..... double jab..... left right or 1-2........left, right, left hook......... right, left hook body, ......riight body, left hook head........right hook body, left hook head...........double jab left hook.

but as soon as you get comfy with the basic punches you maake up your own any way

Comment

Monday - did upper body in weight room, I hate how we don;t even get through 6 exercises with 4 sets for each but I try to finish off the work out at home when I can. Yesterday I couldn't due to work.

Tuesday (today) - Ran 4.4 k's. I actually RAN it. Had to walk for about 6 seconds when I thought I was going to ralph over onto the side of the road about 20 metres away from the end of the run but jogged when my stomach settled down. That's pretty good for me seeing as the other week I couldn't run the full 3.2 k run.

Last night due to my dad losing his drill we delayed putting up the heavy bag until tonight. It's looking good, but it might be hanging a bit low because our ceilings are so low. For now its good because it will be moved into another room soon enough anyways. Have yet to do the boxing workout because I'm still pretty tired from school, but I'll probably do it around 7.

I'm definitely going to be in good shape for when I start up Muay Thai at end of June. I want to be able to focus on learning the Muay Thai **** instead of thinking about how exhausted I am even though we've done the warm up. Believe me, that's how bad I was at high school wrestling last year.

Comment

Still doing good, but I've been slowing down from the long weekend. Getting lazy but I plan on fixing that by doing a decent workout at around 5:00pm.

Comment

Last week I had a **** 5 k run on Tuesday, but an amazing one on Thursday. This Tuesday I beat my time for running 3.2 k's by 3 and a half minutes, today's run got put off until tomorroe due to storm. Taking heavy bag back this saturday... I wish that had worked out....

Comment

Ran 6.2 k's last week, and ran it again today with a MUCH better speed. Yesterday most of my lifts looked much better as well.

Comment

Ran a decent 5 k run last Friday, finally showed improvements on my shoulders on monday, and the same for my calves yesterday. Today we ran 6.2 k's and I around 10 people. I ran it in 38 minutes, which is pretty cool considering I ran the 4 k run in 35 minutes about a month ago and I considered it my best run. Had a couple dry heaves right near the end but no puke yet... We'll be doing upper body tomorrow, and I think we might do a 7 k run on Friday... I hate running on Friday...

Comment

Wow, even my gym teacher is getting lazy, and GOD KNOWS I AM. Only ended up doign that one run last week, and probably will onyl do one this week too... We're supposed to be doing a ****ing 10 k run in a few weeks when we've done 6.2k's at the most so far... ****.

I'm a slacker but I don't care, I'm too tired to do anything right now, hopefully I can pick it up in the summer.

Comment

Working...
                      X