• Show
Clear All

• "Motivation"

Motivation
    You cannot run away from a weakness;
    you must sometimes fight it out or perish;
    and if that be so,
    why not now, where you stand.

Toughness is the ability to consisently perform towards the upper range of your talent and skill regardless of competitive circumstances. Athletes that choke, but continue to fight with 100% effort and total positivism show great toughness! Project on the outside the way you want to feel on the inside. To get tougher, always focus your training on your weakest links. Emotions respond much as muscles do. The ones that you stimulate the most become the strongest and most accessable. Never show weakness or negativism on the outside.

I got this from the Ultimate Athlete magazine, thought it was interesting stuff.

"To get tougher, always focus your training on your weakest links. "

Truest words ever spoken

Comment

seldom, do you subscribe to Ultimate magazine? I've bought grappling mag, but Ultimate just seems better, more detail or something. Since I want to know everything about MMA, gotta have details!!!

Comment

i love UA mag.

We plan to have the health doctor from there come here. He has asked for his own section to the site "The Doc's Corner". He has alot going on, so be patient.

BTW, thats some good stuff momita. Motivation is key in this sport. Sometimes, i think it is all fighters have to rely on. It is all they need to get out there everyday and train their ass' off.

Comment

TTT

Comment

Yep that is the secret!! motivation!

scorpion

Comment

Originally posted by momita
              seldom, do you subscribe to Ultimate magazine? I've bought grappling mag, but Ultimate just seems better, more detail or something. Since I want to know everything about MMA, gotta have details!!!
              I would, but it is about $16 a copy over here so until I strike oil in the backyard, I don't think I i will be!

Great Mag though...covers everything and is well written. I like it

Comment

16.00 a magazine?? Whoa, what if you bought it over the net? If you can, it is only $29.00 for the whole year year!!! Maybe if you knew someone with a credit card over here, you could give them the money and then they can just put your address?
                And if you do strike oil in your backyard, can we be good friends????

Comment

$29 US = about $55 Australian on a good day...then I have to add postage which can add up also. Still would be cheaper though...

And if I strike oil, I am sure I will have lots of friends!

Comment

somone put this in the training forum

Comment

Working...
                    X