No announcement yet.

quit or keep

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quit or keep

so im in a pickle. school just started and i now have a new job where the hours are right after school. after work i would go to my muay thai gym. its pretty troublesum and tiring to do all of that then study after the gym. the thing is im really into trying to go somewhere with muay thai but im also short on cash and well muay thai is 105 a month. i was thinking that with that 105 a month i can buy equipment for home use so i can still get in bag work and all that the same days but at more convenient times though. but i still want to be able to go and do something with my training. i dont know what to do im really confused.

Originally posted by i3raintwo View Post
    so im in a pickle. school just started and i now have a new job where the hours are right after school. after work i would go to my muay thai gym. its pretty troublesum and tiring to do all of that then study after the gym. the thing is im really into trying to go somewhere with muay thai but im also short on cash and well muay thai is 105 a month. i was thinking that with that 105 a month i can buy equipment for home use so i can still get in bag work and all that the same days but at more convenient times though. but i still want to be able to go and do something with my training. i dont know what to do im really confused.
    the most important thing of all this is you study because if you dont have an education it hard for you to succuessed.

you could do anything you want but not if you feel you are going to with you grade on school IMO

Comment

Is muay Thai paying your bills?

Comment

It is difficult to develop in a sport when your working out on your own without a trainer or sparring partners. You could get the fitness benefits if you are motivated enough to push yourself, but really developing your skills would be tough.

But of course, $105/month is an extremely steep price, and school and work are obviously extremely important. It is difficult to actually have a successful Muay Thai career, and it is your schooling that will most likely depend on whether or not you are successfull, so if you can't balance it it might be a good idea to train less often.

Comment

thanks for the your opinions, it helps me towards making the right decision. i just didnt know which way i wanted to go because there are pros and cons for either direction.

Comment

Working...
          X