Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weight Training For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've mentioned this before. Strength is only needed for the 6" or so when the fist impacts the target. Everything else is speed. Concerns are endurance in the deltoids in order to hold the hands up....well, there are a lot of concerns, but the bench press is not one of them, if you know what I mean....

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat View Post
      lol whats your problem, this **** wasnt found out until recently... and obviously my trainer isnt a computer guy and doesent get the chance to read scientific studies on the subject, and i am a real boxer btw, im fighting feb 2 and 3rd and will post vids of both fights
      Then maybe your trainer should update himself alittle bit if he wants to train the most efficient fighters possible?

Comment

You Can Look At All The Theory's In The World...including Studies That Says Alot Of Differnet ****...it All Goes Back To The Same ****. You Ahve To Experience Working Out And See What Works Out For You.

Comment

Smokin you have a very evil number of posts.

Good advice, I will try other ways.

Comment

Originally posted by kryo View Post
            Then maybe your trainer should update himself alittle bit if he wants to train the most efficient fighters possible?
            yeah probably... no big deal though, hes a great trainer just a little bit old school

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin' View Post
              You Can Look At All The Theory's In The World...including Studies That Says Alot Of Differnet ****...it All Goes Back To The Same ****. You Ahve To Experience Working Out And See What Works Out For You.
              This is true. Personal experience can't be bought. However...

Other people's experiences can be an invaluable tool, so you're not just shooting in the dark. And the more scientific the information that you use is, the bigger the chance of it actually working for you.

My philosophy as a trainer (and as a person) is to always try to evolve, get smarter, get better. This is what you need to do as a fighter, a trainer and as a human being. If you don't keep trying to get smarter and do better, you'll start slipping.

Comment

Working...
              X