Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Kessler: He Should Be Called "Joke" Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kessler is probably just another average European or something, but he does hold the WBC and WBA titles I guess even though he won them from awful opposition. However, he's not in the class of Bernard Hopkins..

Btw, three men have all four belts on their mantlepiece: Rid**** Bowe, Naseem Hamed and Bernard Hopkins.

Comment

Belts mean nothing, and a Calzaghe-Kessler fight won't sell PPV (unless Kessler is some star in Denmark or wherever).. at this stage of his career Calzaghe needs the money-fights and I'm sure the Home Box Office viewers know Hopkins more than they do Kessler.
      Last edited by GEOFFHAYES; 10-16-2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I'm sure Hopkins has already established himself in the States, and he even had a few documentaries on him in the UK. So, if Joe beats Hopkins he beats an American boxing legend. If he beats Kessler, Kessler was an unproven bum anyway (I can hear it now)..

Comment

You guys are right, he did fight twice outside Denmark. I guess I just didn't remember that the Mundine fight was in Australia. The one in 2000 when he fought a tomato can (Ponce was 15-12 at the time and was coming off a loss to Jameel Wilson, of all people!) I just did not know about and never bothered to look up his record on Boxrec.

I still am not convinced that Kessler's the real deal. We all saw Joe totally dominate Jeff Lacy and I think that when Joe is healthy he's the best in his division.

I hope this fight gets made so we can all see who the legit champ is.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
            I'm sure Hopkins has already established himself in the States, and he even had a few documentaries on him in the UK. So, if Joe beats Hopkins he beats an American boxing legend. If he beats Kessler, Kessler was an unproven bum anyway (I can hear it now)..
            If Calzaghe embarrasses him in the way he did Lacy, Kessler is a bum.

If Calzaghe has a tough fight but wins a close decision, he's overhyped and Kessler was robbed.

That's how it works on this forum, but this is just a forum, among many, Calzaghe should fight both Kessler and Hopkins if he can.

Comment

Originally posted by PRboxingfan View Post
              You guys are right, he did fight twice outside Denmark. I guess I just didn't remember that the Mundine fight was in Australia. The one in 2000 when he fought a tomato can (Ponce was 15-12 at the time and was coming off a loss to Jameel Wilson, of all people!) I just did not know about and never bothered to look up his record on Boxrec.

I still am not convinced that Kessler's the real deal. We all saw Joe totally dominate Jeff Lacy and I think that when Joe is healthy he's the best in his division.

I hope this fight gets made so we can all see who the legit champ is.
              Mundine has came with a big win against Green, this just makes kessler look good coz kessler whipped him in him hometown and won a lopsided decision, he has beaten 5 former world champions, and has unified the division by ko'ing beyer in 3. you should have seen the Lucas fight, its was crazy, Lucas face could tell

Comment

Kessler needs calzaghe more than Calzaghe needs him thts 4 sur i see alot off u guys who where on calzaghes nuts after he beat lacy now changing urr minds on who would win this bout ill tell u now calzaghe would school kessler all day,luv this fight 2 happen so calzaghe can SLAP this fake bak to denmark

Comment

Originally posted by Floydko1 View Post
                  Kessler needs calzaghe more than Calzaghe needs him thts 4 sur i see alot off u guys who where on calzaghes nuts after he beat lacy now changing urr minds on who would win this bout ill tell u now calzaghe would school kessler all day,luv this fight 2 happen so calzaghe can SLAP this fake bak to denmark

Every boxer experiences tough fights like the one Calzaghe had with Bika but CAlzaghe looks sloppy, off balance and lacking a lot of "skill" that I have heard lots of people talk about him having. From what I've seen of Kessler he'd have a pretty good shot at takin him out, in fact I think he's stronger, hits way harder and is as technically sound if not superior. If Calzahge actually gets a fight w/ Hopkins(yeah right!) he gets his **** knocked in the dirt even worse than Tarver did! Hell, I think Jones jr would ***** slap Calzaghe. Calzahge is still too good for Green but Manfredo looks like he would give him everything he could handle. Bottom Line Calzaghe's abilties have been widely based on his win over Lacy and his long string of defenses against a lack luster Super Middleweight division. Looks like Lacy was overated and 1 dimensional and the division is now full of fighters ready to put Ol Joe to the test. His best move is probably retirement before he gets beat up. Go out a champ not a chump!

Comment

im always interested in a unification bout. Only hardcore fans know who Calzaghy is and Kessler for that mater. Casual american boxing fans wont care if Joe fight Wright or Hopkins. Give real b oxing fans a unification fight, whikch is always a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
                      Calzaghe will get far more respect from boxing fans for beating kessler, a young and hungry champion. If he beats Hopkins on the other hand, Hopkins will be labelled as a "grandad" or past his prime.

Comment

Working...
                      X