No announcement yet.

Team Kessler: He Should Be Called "Joke" Calzaghe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRboxingfan View Post
    Kessler has never fought outside Denmark. I don't know if he'll be willing to leave his den to fight Calzaghe. It is the best fight out there, tho, and I hope it gets made.
    Nice display of ignorance

Why don't you bother to check you'r info before you PRETEND to know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GEOFFHAYES View Post
      What would beating this padded Euro guy prove? If Calzaghe dominates him like he did Veit and Lacy, the guy Kessler would be forgotten in next to no time anyway..

Do the US fans want to see Calzaghe fight Kessler, or Hopkins, Taylor, Wright, Tarver, Trinidad etc? I think the latter(s) somehow..
      Fair point. Let's say Calzaghe wins an impressive UD over Kessler. Kessler does not reappear on American television and is labeled a 'bum' and 'overhyped' on the forums, and that would diminish Calzaghe's record in the eyes of some fans. Calzaghe would lose for winning or however it goes.
      But with all that said this is still the fight to make right now for February. It could only make any American fights after that even bigger to have a unified champ at 168 who has cleaned the division, which he will have done (if beating the two other undefeated champs counts as cleaning a division).

Comment

Originally posted by PRboxingfan View Post

Kessler has never fought outside Denmark. I don't know if he'll be willing to leave his den to fight Calzaghe. It is the best fight out there, tho, and I hope it gets made.

So Kessler has never fought outside Denmark?????????

He has fought Israel Ponce in Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas, NV, USA and

Anthony Mundine in Entertainment Centre, Sydney, NSW, Australia

So i think you dont know that you are talking about

Comment

not a very proffesional team then "izn't it boyo"..

Comment

Calzaghe is one of the great talents of our era but he is 34 years old, and that ain't young. As to whether he can put on another great performance at 168 remains to be seen. At this stage of Calzaghe's career the fight with Kessler won't provide him with anything other than belts and recognition. Calzaghe needs money! What most people posting here don't understand is that there is nothing worse than a tough fight for a skinny paycheck! Let's assume he knocks out Kessler.........so what? Where are the big money fights going to come from after that? Calzaghe's career has been grossly mismanaged. There really aren't many solutions to his current problems.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
              Calzaghe is one of the great talents of our era but he is 34 years old, and that ain't young. As to whether he can put on another great performance at 168 remains to be seen. At this stage of Calzaghe's career the fight with Kessler won't provide him with anything other than belts and recognition. Calzaghe needs money! What most people posting here don't understand is that there is nothing worse than a tough fight for a skinny paycheck! Let's assume he knocks out Kessler.........so what? Where are the big money fights going to come from after that? Calzaghe's career has been grossly mismanaged. There really aren't many solutions to his current problems.

Right! - I guess we should all forgive Fwank for allegedly being a lying cheating bastard - 'coz Calzaghe needed the money.

Comment

Originally posted by dumdane View Post
                Right! - I guess we should all forgive Fwank for allegedly being a lying cheating bastard - 'coz Calzaghe needed the money.
                You really are a dumb dane.

He's 'alledgedly' a lying cheating bastard, but he's also 'alledgedly' offered 1.5mill for Kessler to fight Calzaghe on home turf.

Before you go shooting your mouth off about something which you don't even know - something which nobody other than Frank and Kesslers promoter know, think about what you're saying, because you're sounding extremely biased.

I have no idea if he offered Kessler 1.5 million or not, but didn't Kessler say he was offered 50 thousand, and now his promoter is saying he didn't even get an offer at all?

Somebody's getting their words mixed up.

Comment

The difference between Kessler and Lacy or Veit, is that Kessler is physically bigger, a better boxer and has one-punch KO power.

The fact that he holds two titles and Calzaghe holds the other two is enough to make the bout. The winner would become the only fighter in the history of 168, to hold all four of the major belts, and the second fighter to hold all four at any weight.

Juyjuy, who last unified 168...or did anyone unify 168?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    The difference between Kessler and Lacy or Veit, is that Kessler is physically bigger, a better boxer and has one-punch KO power.

The fact that he holds two titles and Calzaghe holds the other two is enough to make the bout. The winner would become the only fighter in the history of 168, to hold all four of the major belts, and the second fighter to hold all four at any weight.

Juyjuy, who last unified 168...or did anyone unify 168?
                    How would it be possible to hold all 4 belts at the same time?

All 4 belts have mandatories to fight.

IBF Mandatory: Robert Stieglitz
                    WBC Mandatory: Librado Andrade
                    WBA Mandatory: Antony Mundine
                    WBO Mandatory: Rudy Markussen

They could get them to step aside, but that is a big hassle getting 4 fighters to accept the agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut_84 View Post
                      How would it be possible to hold all 4 belts at the same time?

All 4 belts have mandatories to fight.

IBF Mandatory: Robert Stieglitz
                      WBC Mandatory: Librado Andrade
                      WBA Mandatory: Antony Mundine
                      WBO Mandatory: Rudy Markussen

They could get them to step aside, but that is a big hassle getting 4 fighters to accept the agreement.
                      The sanctioning bodies would approve the bout, trust me. Like they did when Hopkins fought Taylor twice in a row with all four titles at stake, Taylor was only the mandatory to one of the four belts when they fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X