Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Knew Santiago Would Be Tough, But I Got The Job Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he just beat an undefeated top prospect and people are still hating?

Comment

How do u win a fight when u get hit 100 more times than the other guy

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        Did you not see how nervous Broner was awaiting the judges decision? You could just see him thinking "Gee I hope uncle Al sent out all the envelopes on time"
        He wasn't nervous. You were.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          I have nothing against Broner, but he didn't throw enough punches. He had a few good rounds, but I can't see how he won more than four or five. Round after round, Santiago landed more punches.

And I would complain less if the judges gave Broner a narrow win, maybe edged by the point deduction... But when they are scoring it 117-110 and 116-111, that's where the bias starts to become transparent.

Hary gave the round with the point deduction as a 10-8 to Broner. Santiago was whaling away at Broner in that round with little reply. He landed nearly 4 times as many punches as Broner in that round.
          Santiago wasn't landing anything but body shots, and not all of them were landing. The scores were off but they got it right. Broner clearly won. His jab dictated the fight in the second half.

The compubox stats were totally ass just like the SHO announcers. It was like they had an agenda with Broner before the fight was even fought. Broner was efficient thus fight. He did damage. Santiago couldn't even land cleanly enough for me to think that he won 7 rounds. And he lost a point. And he was rocked. Nah, Broner won.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
            Santiago wasn't landing anything but body shots, and not all of them were landing. The scores were off but they got it right. Broner clearly won. His jab dictated the fight in the second half.

The compubox stats were totally ass just like the SHO announcers. It was like they had an agenda with Broner before the fight was even fought. Broner was efficient thus fight. He did damage. Santiago couldn't even land cleanly enough for me to think that he won 7 rounds. And he lost a point. And he was rocked. Nah, Broner won.
            Yes, he lost a point, but he was so much busier in that round you could only realistically score that round 9-9. Yes, he was rocked. 10-9 to Broner that round, no more. One of the handful of rounds I thought he won. The only way you get to a clear win for Broner is if you ignore body shots... And I don't see any reason for doing that.

Comment

Mark my words because broner got emself a win even though idk how when the accuracy imput wasnt all that different 5% yet was outlanded by 100 punches. This was rigged to get broner a w so 1 more w if that theyll be fighting crawford for a payday. Crawford fights low risk only fights at 147 n needs ratings broner brings both it would give crawford 250k-300k ppv similar to Spence #s so can make argument for legit 50% purse split. Cause til then 60/40 spence no other deal for crawford hasnt fought a top 10 n more important sold 100k-150k ppv max when tried so is not a draw at all . but no cap stop acting like spence a huge draw dude only does 300k ppv which is below amanda nunes. Hell your not a draw til u can do min 500k on own vs shhh to ok opps n 1m plus vs decent opps only boxers (not ufc or crossover) that can do that is canelo. For hell even fury vs wilder 1 didnt sale that 500k n 2 didnt hit 1m like expected to break even. If spence n crawford wanted to really fight they would take a 10m each flat fee winner get the belts ect cause 20m total main event without counting undercard would need 500k ppv to break even when add the gate . n 500k max would be what itd sale if crawford fights broner to get some drawing n a payday then take a risk vs porter thurman or garcia ect for the next to maybe get some respect to nw with a legit top 10 win n) then now i can see spence vs crawford selling 500k to break even on 10-15n purses. if wanna make it sale 500k or maybe even more it still aint hitting 1mppv put as co main even davis vs lopez or loma for TR vs PBC yet would be only way to justify paying such purses n break even
              Last edited by Ry92; 02-22-2021, 08:12 AM.

Comment

No Broner, you didn't get the job done. The judges were blind. You know it, everyone knows it. You lost the fight. Obviously they weren't giving credit for Santiago's body shots. Stretching it , I gave Broner 4 rounds. And 2 of those 4 could've gone either way. He looked horrible . Against a complete nobody. Broner is completely shot.

Comment

Working...
                X