Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Floyd vs Sergio Martinez have gone in 2010-2012?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Floyd vs Sergio Martinez have gone in 2010-2012?

Could Floyd have gone to 160 and beaten Sergio Martinez?

How would Floyd have done against Maravilla's size and style?
    Floyd Mayweather
    39.53%
    Sergio Martinez
    60.47%
    Last edited by Golgo 13; 02-16-2021, 02:00 AM.

8-4 type of UD for Floyd. Floyd was too fast, too smart, too defensively sound, too agile, and all around better than Martinez in every category but power. Sergio never faced anyone the caliber of Floyd. Cotto would've knocked him out when he had good knees. There's levels and Martinez is well below Floyd and even Cotto. The size wouldn't help someone trying to outbox Floyd and not really using the size advantage. His length wouldn't help as much either since he wasn't really fast. He would've been pull countered all night.

Comment

Sergio would be too slow

Comment

Would have loved this fight. Would have been a great occasion.

Floyd favourite to win on points but Sergio was a legend. could have been a total stinker with both guys trying to be counter puncher

Comment

Floyd wins at 154, but not 160, sorry.

Comment

Mayweather decision, but it would be competitive.

Comment

Floyd didn’t have the balls to challenge for middleweight tittle like so many other welters.Got to protect the 0 no time for challenge.I don’t hold it against him he was a great fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstruck View Post
                Floyd didn’t have the balls to challenge for middleweight tittle like so many other welters.Got to protect the 0 no time for challenge.I don’t hold it against him he was a great fighter.
                How many boxers that competed at 130lbs went for a 160lb title? Oscar is the only one I can think of. Oscar is naturally bigger than Floyd and he had to rob Sturm for his belt. Oscar then got stopped by Hopkins. 5 divisions is better than most boxers, . Why didn't Martinez become a 5 division champ? Challenge doe... .

Comment

Easily Mayweather via murder...

Comment

Martinez had a bum knee Floyd was afraid to take the risk to bad for him that’s why I have Robert Duran ranked above Mayweather he took the risk twice at Middleweight beating Barkley to become Middleweight Champ and almost beat Haglar

Comment

Working...
                    X