Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warrington Regrets Trading Punches With Lara, Vows To Bounce Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warrington Regrets Trading Punches With Lara, Vows To Bounce Back

Former IBF featherweight champion Josh Warrington regrets that he didn't fight smarter this past Saturday night, when he fought unbeaten Mauricio Lara of Mexico at SSE Arena at Wembley. Warrington was a massive favorite to win the fight - but instead he suffered his first career defeat.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Its a long hard road back from a beating like that.
    Fighters with a chin will just come forward and destroy him.
    His chin has been cracked now and his confidence must be shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      Its a long hard road back from a beating like that.
      Fighters with a chin will just come forward and destroy him.
      His chin has been cracked now and his confidence must be shattered.
      Too true. I think it's the end of Warrington being seen as elite. Not just jumping to conclusions after 1 loss there either... His CV is pretty average, and not one monster puncher on there.

He struggled badly against Kid Galahad, and then got sparked by a very slow puncher.

It'll be like Ricky Hatton post-Mayweather all over again imo.

Comment

His jaw was pretty much cracked. Like another poster ^ said. Others would now just walk through him knowing they can touch that chin. He literally took a beating in there. He was shocked, his corner were shocked too. This wasn't written in the script, Lara was meant to fold after some rounds. This is sure a shock for everyone involved in the promotion of this fight.

Comment

He shouldve focused on that right eye of Lara's a stiff jab thrown constantly and check left hook may have caused a stoppage

Comment

Watched it afterwards. Lara is lucky they didn't try to take it from him by stopping it on account of his eye

Comment

I enjoyed the fight, really enjoyed the fight. I am glad Warr fought like he did it was a fight. I did not want to see Warr move around the ring for 12 rounds dance or slip away all night. This is the reason why I watch the fights, not to see the favorite win but to see a guy say forget about it and throw and walk in. He is more of an interesting fighter now then he was before the fight to me anyhow. A loss can also make a fighter better not worst. The next few fights will tell his future not this one alone. But I don't think he is going to use the same game plan next time no more then I believe he has become a devastating puncher bc of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by springfiels View Post
                Too true. I think it's the end of Warrington being seen as elite. Not just jumping to conclusions after 1 loss there either... His CV is pretty average, and not one monster puncher on there.

He struggled badly against Kid Galahad, and then got sparked by a very slow puncher.

It'll be like Ricky Hatton post-Mayweather all over again imo.
                The problem is, only Warrington believed himself to belong to the elite, because he beat a faded Frampton. Just think what the real top dogs would have done to him.

Comment

Kudos to Warrington for heart. It's easy to say Warrington should have fought "smart" but the thing is Josh's style is aggression and non-stop volume punching. That's the style that made him a successful British fighter and can he change even if he wanted to?

Comment

He will never be the same

I don't think he'll ever get another belt.. That took way too much out of him.
                    How can he be that brave again? He's met his limits and he'll know to not go that far again..

Comment

Working...
                    X