Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brian Castano: Patrick Teixeira is Very Strong, He Has A lot of Heart

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Performance but no surprise really we all knew Patrick Teixeira was the weakest link at 154

No disrespect to him, he does have heart and he is TOUGH but no he was never in that Top Tier at 154 even with a Belt

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Achieved his goal of becoming world champion? I guess the writer is not aware that Hes already been world champ...
      If he was a world champion before, then what happened to his title ? He’s undefeated, right ?

He was a secondary WBA title holder.

At the time Lara was the actual champion. Then he lost to Hurd, who became the actual champion. Who lost to Williams, who lost to Rosario, who lost to Charlo.

After his draw with Lara he did what any sensible fighter would do. He threw that secondary junk title in the garbage can and went after a real title. Now he has it, and is actually a world champ for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
        Co-sign. Pbc has a new star at light middle
        That will not fight other PBC light middle

Comment

Good for Castano

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
            If he was a world champion before, then what happened to his title ? He’s undefeated, right ?

He was a secondary WBA title holder.

At the time Lara was the actual champion. Then he lost to Hurd, who became the actual champion. Who lost to Williams, who lost to Rosario, who lost to Charlo.

After his draw with Lara he did what any sensible fighter would do. He threw that secondary junk title in the garbage can and went after a real title. Now he has it, and is actually a world champ for the first time.
            he was stripped...

Comment

Forget Charlo...for now.
              Lets see him against Jarrett Hurd.

Comment

Problem is Teixeira seems to have the energy level of Napoleon dynamite.. ( Kind of looks like Pedro too.)

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                  Forget Charlo...for now.
                  Lets see him against Jarrett Hurd.
                  Must see fight. It will be brutal as both have the same style of applying pressure. Hurd has size advantage but weak defence...

Comment

Originally posted by NCBoxingPro View Post
                    I agree Castaño looked really good in that fight. I'm excited to see his style against Charlo's. I believe Charlo will really be tested when that fight happens. Castaño earned it the hard way and you gotta respect that.
                    Yessir, His style is the antithesis to Charlo’s and its all about if he can take Charlo’s sneaky explosive power an keep Jermell busy occupying his defenses!

I would go with Charlo by late TKO in an epic fight that pushes him to the brink!

Comment

Crawford should have fought Teixeira. It would be seen as a good win against much bigger man. Castano showed us how bad Teixeira was.

Comment

Working...
                      X