Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Munguia Has Potential, But For Now I Don't Want To Face Another Mexican

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
    Floyd only came up with the testing to throw a road block in the way. If that was the only problem for Floyd, he would never have come up with more insane reasons to why the fight couldn't happen. It was the usual smear campaign from the US towards any threat that made them wet their pants as usual. Their fear drove them to come up with as many reasons as to why they can't fight them. It's happening with pretty much every American fighter as we speak alongside Mexican fighters who have become just as cowardly over the last 20 years or so.
    I think Floyd was legitimately concerned with Manny's PED use. If you remember Malignaggi and a few other fighters and trainers also suggested Manny was cheating/juicing but those guys didn't get any notoriety.

Also, Floyd agreed to Manny's terms. Manny required:

- A 50/50 PPV split - something Floyd never did before and that offer was off the table following initial negotiations

- $10 MILLION Penalty PER POUND if Floyd came in over weight (147)

Floyd's ONLY demand was OSDT which BOTH fighters would be doing. Initially Roach and Koncz had this to say:

"Pacquiao's trainer, Freddie Roach, revealed the first hint about Mayweather's request for Olympic-style drug testing, telling roving reporter Elie Seckbach, "I hear negotiations are a little shady. (Richard) Schaefer and them are unhappy about something. They want Olympic-style drug testing. I said, 'Yeah, no problem.' I said, 'Whatever you want.' Since we accepted that, now they're running scared again."[24]

On December 13, 2009, Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz, said Mayweather's request for Olympic-style drug testing was a laughing matter and they had no concerns whatsoever about it. "Our reaction is, 'So what?' We know Manny doesn't take any illegal drugs or anything. And none of this is getting under Manny's skin or anything. I'm here with Manny, and to him, it's like a joke. It's a laughing matter," said Koncz.[24]

After reports had surfaced that both parties had agreed to all terms, Golden Boy Promotions released a press release on December 22, 2009, revealing that Pacquiao was unwilling to comply with the Olympic-style drug testing requested by Team Mayweather. The following day, Bob Arum, Top Rank founder and CEO, declared the fight was off and Pacquiao would be facing a different opponent. "We appeased Mayweather by agreeing to a urine analysis at any time, and blood testing before the press conference and after the fight. Mayweather pressed for blood testing even up to the weigh-in. He knew that Manny gets freaked out when his blood gets taken and feels that it weakens him. This is just harassment and, to me, just signaled that he didn't want the fight"

-----

Yeah, I mean, that's one of the shadiest things I've ever read in boxing. Trainer, Advisor agree publicly. Promoter and fighter disagree. Keep in mind Floyd agreed to Manny's demands and Manny couldn't agree to Floyd's ONE DEMAND which BOTH OF THEM would be doing. Manny used PEDs

Comment

• Originally posted by #1PaperChamp View Post
      Manny ducked the random olympic style drug tests that Floyd required.

Manny made up a litany of excuses like "giving blood weakens me" or "I'm afraid of needles". And then Manny and his team required a CUTOFF date for blood tests. That is the definition of suspicious. Combine that with Manny's sustained power while moving up in weight and INCREASING punch output and RETAINING/IMPROVING stamina.

Yeah, you've got a PED using junkie.
      No one else was doing Olympic style drug testing. Not even Floyd. So that not only puts Floyd in the spotlight, it puts every fighter out there under the accusations. Which includes every Mexican too.

Floyd was just putting roadblocks in the way and ducking. That's why Floyd's reasons to why the fight can't happen kept on increasing.

Manny said taking blood just before he was to fight, weakened him. There's a difference.

Being afraid of needles doesn't in any way prove you're a cheat. i'm afraid of needles, but i'm not on PEDS.

What do you think of Marquez moving up all those weights and knocking out Manny with one shot when he didn't come close to even dropping him before at the lower weights?

Manny always had great stamina. You're just making shlt up now. You can't still be hurt from him beating Mexicans 10 years ago? Come on. This is sad.

Comment

No one else was doing Olympic style drug testing. Not even Floyd. So that not only puts Floyd in the spotlight, it puts every fighter out there under the accusations. Which includes every Mexican too.

Floyd was just putting roadblocks in the way and ducking. That's why Floyd's reasons to why the fight can't happen kept on increasing.

Manny said taking blood just before he was to fight, weakened him. There's a difference.

Being afraid of needles doesn't in any way prove you're a cheat. i'm afraid of needles, but i'm not on PEDS.

What do you think of Marquez moving up all those weights and knocking out Manny with one shot when he didn't come close to even dropping him before at the lower weights?

Manny always had great stamina. You're just making shlt up now. You can't still be hurt from him beating Mexicans 10 years ago? Come on. This is sad.
        Are you Manny? Cause you just made more excuses for him...

Huge fan of both. They both had great careers and are both 1st ballot HOF. Hell theyre both Top 25 ATG...lucky we got to see both in action.

Manny was initially against Floyds drug testing with pretty weak (and false) reasoning. Floyd held firm on not agreeing to 50/50 split (again, after initial negotiation) which also added years to the 'debacle'.

People say it was dominant but it was like a 8-4 Floyd fight w/ argument for 9-3 or 7-5.

Hope Manny stays involved in the sport after retirement...and dont want him fighting Spence or Crawford. Especially NOT Spence bc Spencer dont deserve it the way hes ducked Crawford.

Comment

Are you Manny? Cause you just made more excuses for him...

Huge fan of both. They both had great careers and are both 1st ballot HOF. Hell theyre both Top 25 ATG...lucky we got to see both in action.

Manny was initially against Floyds drug testing with pretty weak (and false) reasoning. Floyd held firm on not agreeing to 50/50 split (again, after initial negotiation) which also added years to the 'debacle'.

People say it was dominant but it was like a 8-4 Floyd fight w/ argument for 9-3 or 7-5.

Hope Manny stays involved in the sport after retirement...and dont want him fighting Spence or Crawford. Especially NOT Spence bc Spencer dont deserve it the way hes ducked Crawford.
          Nothing i said was an excuse. It was facts and legit points i made.

Floyd was the one with bundles of excuses for not fighting who he should have. Manny did not. At the end Manny fought some jokes, but by that time, he'd already proven himself an ATG by fighting and beating who he should have.

Comment

Nothing i said was an excuse. It was facts and legit points i made.
            Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            No one else was doing Olympic style drug testing. Not even Floyd. So that not only puts Floyd in the spotlight, it puts every fighter out there under the accusations.
            Floyd started doing OSDT due to speculation for opponents cheating. Floyd participated in OSDT alongside each of his opponents (Mosley, Cotto, Canelo, Manny, etc.). It was only Manny that had a problem with blood tests. Floyd never had a problem with it and neither did Mosley or Canelo - 2 actual drug cheats, but Manny Pacman needed a "cutoff" date for RANDOM drug testing.

A cutoff date means the testing isn't RANDOM. So Manny was unable and unwilling to accept Floyd's 1 demand while Floyd accepted all of Manny's demands. And Floyd didn't need modifications or cutoff dates...

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
            So this isn't a "fact" like you said.

Floyd accepted all of Manny's demands including the $10M penalty for each lb over weight. That has literally never EVER happened in boxing. It's a gargantuan penalty and has NEVER been seen or used before. Yet Floyd accepted it without crying or needing a cutoff date

Floyd also accept 50/50 split which Floyd would later never offer again.

Manny refused Floyd's 1 demand of OSDT. Manny needed a cutoff date and later said "giving blood weakened him" and that he was "afraid of needles".

Floyd offered zero of those excuses when accepting the 50/50 split or the $10M weight penalty.

Floyd also never complained when giving blood and urine during any of his other fights.

A roadblock is something used to STOP a fight from being made. When Floyd and Manny did finally fight, guess what, it was under USADA and OSDT. Turns out Floyd's requirement for OSDT wasn't a roadblock after all. Manny just needed 5 years and a KTFO6 to get over his fear of cheating/needles

Comment

Floyd started doing OSDT due to speculation for opponents cheating. Floyd participated in OSDT alongside each of his opponents (Mosley, Cotto, Canelo, Manny, etc.). It was only Manny that had a problem with blood tests. Floyd never had a problem with it and neither did Mosley or Canelo - 2 actual drug cheats, but Manny Pacman needed a "cutoff" date for RANDOM drug testing.

A cutoff date means the testing isn't RANDOM. So Manny was unable and unwilling to accept Floyd's 1 demand while Floyd accepted all of Manny's demands. And Floyd didn't need modifications or cutoff dates...

So this isn't a "fact" like you said.

Floyd accepted all of Manny's demands including the $10M penalty for each lb over weight. That has literally never EVER happened in boxing. It's a gargantuan penalty and has NEVER been seen or used before. Yet Floyd accepted it without crying or needing a cutoff date

Floyd also accept 50/50 split which Floyd would later never offer again.

Manny refused Floyd's 1 demand of OSDT. Manny needed a cutoff date and later said "giving blood weakened him" and that he was "afraid of needles".

Floyd offered zero of those excuses when accepting the 50/50 split or the $10M weight penalty.

Floyd also never complained when giving blood and urine during any of his other fights.

A roadblock is something used to STOP a fight from being made. When Floyd and Manny did finally fight, guess what, it was under USADA and OSDT. Turns out Floyd's requirement for OSDT wasn't a roadblock after all. Manny just needed 5 years and a KTFO6 to get over his fear of cheating/needles
              Floyd had a private contract with USADA. That means, if Floyd fails a test, they only contact Floyd and his camp but never give the information to the public. Why would Floyd try and create a situation that he's testing, but it be nothing more than a Red Herring? Remember when Manny wanted Floyd to reveal all the tests in court only for Floyd to be shocked that that could actually be allowed? What did Floyd do immediately after hearing that news? His nemesis that he didn't want to lose face to with the public even though it was too late in that regard? He folded straight away and paid Manny out of court costs didn't he? Haha.

Manny didn't want to be tested the week before the fight. That's it. Why, what PED system works after only using for a week? Huh?

Sorry, but Floyd wouldn't need to come up with Manny needing to leave Arum and have a few fights under Floyd's promotional outfit if it was just the testing. Only getting a flat fee of 40 Mill. So tell this bullshlt to someone stupid enough to buy the American way of ducking then projecting the blame onto their opponent. I'm far too versed in this game. You lot have been doing it for decades to us Brits. You lot even do it on here all the time even though it's f3cking insanity to come to those conclusions with all the facts saying otherwise. Narcissism's a b1tch, man. Now that's the truth. But you'll never understand it being detached from reality so brutally.

Also, tell me about Floyd doing urine and blood testing? Show me the facts, not a story told by the man himself? Thought so.

Comment

Working...
              X