Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Fury: Hearn Wants Second Fight in Cardiff, But Says Pressure May Stop It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joshua-Fury: Hearn Wants Second Fight in Cardiff, But Says Pressure May Stop It

Eddie Hearn says he would like to stage a second between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury in Cardiff, although he believes there will be "a lot of pressure" for both fights stipulated in the deal to take place abroad.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Let's get the first fight done before you start talking about a second fight.

Comment

A sad situation if they can't host it in the UK.
      Last edited by vital1983; 01-17-2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Sorry UK fans it’s not happening in the UK just be happy that it’s gonna happen

Comment

weirdest feeling these guys arent on the same page and this is gonna fall apart

Comment

The first fight might stink up the room and nobody wants to see a 2nd fight. Or there maybe one dominant winner and there is no point seeing another fight based on it....rematches are usually only warranted if the first fight was exciting. I dont think this fight will be exciting, I think you will see a wide points win for Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
              Exactly ! Although I understand it that the clash of English titans should be held in the UK according to many.

Comment

Outside of the Saudis, UAE etc., I don't see any governments putting money up to host this fight. The %s are going to be down to ppv, gate, site fees.

Comment

"I believe we have the bass if a deal in place but we don’t have a signed contract."

Is Bootsy Collins going to play?

If it has to be outside the UK, I hope they don't give it to Saudi Arabia again. Their regime is desperately trying to white-wash their laundry list of human rights abuses.

Let's list a few:
                  1. Murdering and dismembering journalist Jamal Khashoggi for having the temerity to write what they didn't like about them.
                  2. Imprisoning and torturing Loujain al-Hathloul for having the temerity to campaign for women to get the right to drive.
                  3. Led a coalition that has bombed schools, hospitals and mosques in Yemen.
                  4. Put cleric Hassan al-Maliki on trial, under threat of the death penalty -- some of the charges against him are: publishing books outside Saudi Arabia; criticising companions of the prophet Muhammad (these guys lived in the 7th century); giving interviews to foreign newspapers; possessing books that he had been told he was not allowed.

And let us not forget that you get the death penalty in Saudi Arabia for, among other things, blasphemy, adultery, h0m0sexuality, witchcraft or leaving the religion of Islam. This is carried out by beheading with a sword in public.

People will say they are a sport and nothing to do with all this, but it sounds like there are several alternative options available. They are all going to make tens of millions from this anyway, they can afford to have some principles and avoid helping to launder the image of a murderous regime for a few million more.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                    It wouldn’t matter , showing talks of staging a second fight Shows this is happening it’s not some fantasy because the two fights have to be agreed upon anyway .

Comment

Working...
                    X