Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Hafthor Bjornsson 344-Pounds, Steven Ward 217-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Weights: Hafthor Bjornsson 344-Pounds, Steven Ward 217-Pounds

Steven Ward and Hafthor Bjornsson took part in their weigh-in on Thursday ahead of this weekend's highly-anticipated exhibition bout. The two men meet over 3 x 3 minute rounds at the sold out Conrad Dubai, with viewers around the world able to watch the bout on coresports.world on Saturday at around 4:30pm GMT (8:30pm local time).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Is that this guy?

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/775964

That seems like a pretty experienced mfer to fight for The Mountain.

Thats a big difference in size doe.

Comment

344 pounds? Sure that ain't Big Baby masquerading as an Icelander?

Comment

Ward would have to carry Lomachenko on his shoulders to equal the weight of this monster.

Comment

This guy must've lost a bet to get in the ring with this giant or he knows something we don't know.... Either one is A fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Is that this guy?

Yes that's him. I am almost certain he has helped him prepare for Eddie and this may be pay to watch sparring though.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
              Yes that's him. I am almost certain he has helped him prepare for Eddie and this may be pay to watch sparring though.
              Ahhhh okay that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Is that this guy?

Yeah but 28% KO rate, been knocked out against the only opponent with a semi-decent record. His other wins have records like 0-27, 20-71, 2-13, 1-4.

He is not only smaller, but weak and resume full of fluff. The Mountain can probably bully him around with sheer size. I think it’s actually not fair at all. Fans and journalists disregard weight at HW but I think weight matters at every weight class. This is too much. It’s like Tyson Fury vs Carl Froch or something stupid like that. HW having no limit makes fans and journalists disregard weight disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Yeah but 28% KO rate, been knocked out against the only opponent with a semi-decent record. His other wins have records like 0-27, 20-71, 2-13, 1-4.

He is not only smaller, but weak and resume full of fluff. The Mountain can probably bully him around with sheer size. I think it’s actually not fair at all. Fans and journalists disregard weight at HW but I think weight matters at every weight class. This is too much. It’s like Tyson Fury vs Carl Froch or something stupid like that. HW having no limit makes fans and journalists disregard weight disparity.
                  Weight matters, but idk about it mattering THAT much in the boxing ring vs a guy who for sure won't be a good fighter in his first fight vs a guy with a good winning dozen fight plus pro record even if his record is manufactured overall.

I'll take the boxer with a manufactured pro record over the guy who's not a boxer without a record, pro or amateur, every day of the week.
                  Last edited by Eff Pandas; 01-14-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                    Actually looking at an article just now it seems like they haven't done any work together. It does sound like Steven has seen Hafthor spar & move around in the gym, but thats about it.

It does sound like they were trying to do some sparring, but the sparring turned into this exhibition it appears.

Weird ass fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X