Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Plant: I Wasn't Overly Impressed With Canelo; Callum Smith Didn't Go Out On His Shield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Plant: I Wasn't Overly Impressed With Canelo; Callum Smith Didn't Go Out On His Shield

Caleb Plant wasn't as swayed by Canelo Alvarez's triumphant performance against Callum Smith as many fans and fighters. The unbeaten IBF super middleweight champion commended the Mexican superstar for thoroughly out-pointing a previously undefeated, legitimate super middleweight world champion. Plant was underwhelmed by Smith's performance, though, in their 12-round, 168-pound title fight December 19 at Alamodome in San Antonio.
    [Click Here To Read More]

As long as Plant’s stamina doesn’t give out I see him beating Canelo. And he is right and right on both issues. I will be extremely hard for Canelo to counter Plant who is excellent as using feints with all around excellent foot and head movement. Plant will know how to use his size and height advantage. Lara, Trout, Mayweather, and to a lesser extent Jacobs all had success boxing Canelo, no reason to think the fleet footed and quick handed Plant won’t do the same. And one thing about plant, he is deceptively heavy handed much in the same way Terry Norris was....perhaps with plant it’s a matter of pin point accuracy mixed with speed but his counters that drop and hurt fighters come out of nowhere. Plant is the toughest champion for Canelo at SuperMiddle

Comment

Agreed but I don't think Plant would either.

Comment

As a plant fan,that's some nerve coming from his ass especially the part "going out on your shield". Smith attempted what you didn't so who TF are you to criticize him for not going out his shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          As long as Plant’s stamina doesn’t give out I see him beating Canelo. Plant is the toughest champion for Canelo at SuperMiddle
          Before I would feel the need to defend Canelo in saying that he beats Plant and Benavidez, but I prefer to agree that Benavidez and Plant, BJS are all “stylistic nightmares for Canelo” so that when they’re all beaten, it just makes more fans believers. why spoil it

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            As long as Plant’s stamina doesn’t give out I see him beating Canelo. And he is right and right on both issues. I will be extremely hard for Canelo to counter Plant who is excellent as using feints with all around excellent foot and head movement. Plant will know how to use his size and height advantage. Lara, Trout, Mayweather, and to a lesser extent Jacobs all had success boxing Canelo, no reason to think the fleet footed and quick handed Plant won’t do the same. And one thing about plant, he is deceptively heavy handed much in the same way Terry Norris was....perhaps with plant it’s a matter of pin point accuracy mixed with speed but his counters that drop and hurt fighters come out of nowhere. Plant is the toughest champion for Canelo at SuperMiddle
            What has plant done that impresses you enough to think he doesn't get flattened worse than Smith?(you think Fegenbutz is near Ryders level? Let's hear what opponents Plant looked great against & how? )

Give me an actual explanation of how you came up with what you did (the onus is on you to explain Because extraordinary claims require evidence. And if Plant & Canelo fight,it will be extraordinary if Plant won,hed be a far worse underdog than Smith was,hed be in the 6-1 to 9-1 range imho

(based on the way fights are handicapped,Plant would be considered a buster Douglas if he manages to beat Canelo(Because nobody gets 50-1 odds anymore after that happened even if Plant IS as much an underdog to Canelo)

Plant would be an underdog vs BJS,so you're aware.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
              What has plant done that impresses you enough to think he doesn't get flattened worse than Smith?(you think Fegenbutz is near Ryders level? Let's hear what opponents Plant looked great against & how? )

Give me an actual explanation of how you came up with what you did (the onus is on you to explain Because extraordinary claims require evidence. And if Plant & Canelo fight,it will be extraordinary if Plant won,hed be a far worse underdog than Smith was,hed be in the 6-1 to 9-1 range imho

(based on the way fights are handicapped,Plant would be considered a buster Douglas if he manages to beat Canelo(Because nobody gets 50-1 odds anymore after that happened even if Plant IS as much an underdog to Canelo)

Plant would be an underdog vs BJS,so you're aware.
              Didnt Ruiz get 35 to 1 odds against AJ?

Comment

[QUOTE=Oldskoolg;21001704]As long as Plant’s stamina doesn’t give out I see him beating Canelo. And he is right and right on both issues. I will be extremely hard for Canelo to counter Plant who is excellent as using feints with all around excellent foot and head movement. Plant will know how to use his size and height advantage. Lara, Trout, Mayweather, and to a lesser extent Jacobs all had success boxing Canelo, no reason to think the fleet footed and quick handed Plant won’t do the same. And one thing about plant, he is deceptively heavy handed much in the same way Terry Norris was....perhaps with plant it’s a matter of pin point accuracy mixed with speed but his counters that drop and hurt fighters come out of nowhere. Plant is the toughest champion for Canelo at SuperMiddle[

I agree with all this especially the bold but I will say as a die hard Plant fan considering we grew up minutes apart and his boxing ability is top notch IMO I think Benavidez is the most dangerous fight for Canelo at 168. I believe Plant can beat Canelo and I will drop money on him doing so i also think Benavidez is the monster in the division and will be a tough out for anybody at 168 - 175 just my 2 cents though.

Comment

He still hypes up his win over Uzcategui as if he was some type of avoided beast SMH

Comment

Originally posted by KrusherStan View Post
                    He still hypes up his win over Uzcategui as if he was some type of avoided beast SMH
                    He simply explained about taking hard shots. Anyone seeing past that is just emotional; devoid of critical thinking and hates just to hate.

Comment

Working...
                    X