Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Drops, Stops Kosei Tanaka In 8th Round, Retains 115-Pound Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Drops, Stops Kosei Tanaka In 8th Round, Retains 115-Pound Title

The UK and Latin America have easy access, while American viewers will need to pay a few bucks extra.

2020’s last big fight also figures to be one of its best. This Thursday morning at 4:00 AM Eastern, 25-year-old Kosei Tanaka attempts to become a WBO four-division champion against countryman and current WBO Jr. Bantamweight World Champion Kazuto Ioka, who became the first male Japanese boxer to achieve the feat last year. The bout airs live on Japanese channel TBS, but luckily for us gaijin, there are a few ways to tune in.

USA: Unfortunately, no American network or streaming service has acquired broadcast rights at the time of writing. That doesn’t mean piracy is the only option, though: Asian Boxing has a guide on how to subscribe to iSakura, which allows access to TBS and other local channels. Conveniently, iSakura offers a three-day trial, which you don’t have to manually cancel afterwards, for $2.50. Just be sure to order by the end of the day; going by the website, it can take a while to process your payment.

Japan got the crazy boxing stats

Ioka must be nervous or super pumped!

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
      Japan got the crazy boxing stats

Ioka must be nervous or super pumped!

Is pulse rate & BP normal stats for Japanese big fights? I've never seen that before.

And I think Ioka is normal. Tanaka is just zen as fook.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Is pulse rate & BP normal stats? I've never seen that before.

And I think Ioka is normal. Tanaka is just zen as fook.
        Apparently it's normal in Japan for every title fight and is released to the public also. Thought it was interesting so decided to share. I finally made a Twitter account the other day lol...

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          Apparently it's normal in Japan for every title fight and is released to the public also. Thought it was interesting so decided to share. I finally made a Twitter account the other day lol...
          I guess I don't dig into Japanese big fights THAT much then lol. US & UK need to jump on that sh^t. The more info the better.

I'd like to see stats on pulse & BP over a lot of fights & see how much that plays into the outcomes now.

Comment

And we are LIVE!

Co main starting soon

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I guess I don't dig into Japanese big fights THAT much then lol. US & UK need to jump on that sh^t. The more info the better.

I'd like to see stats on pulse & BP over a lot of fights & see how much that plays into the outcomes now.
              Here's some more

Ioka was
              93 vs Palicte
              48 vs Stamp Kiatniwat
              39 vs Yaegashi
              39 vs Reveco I
              60 vs Noknoi
              72 vs Cintron

Tanaka was
              50 vs Taguchi
              48 vs Tuolehazi
              52 vs Kimura
              42 vs Acosta
              60 vs Yedras
              66 vs Gonzalez

Comment

Kobayashi pressing the action in round 1 but Higa landing the better shots

Comment

Better round for Kobayashi but Higa landed rocked his head back with a nice upper cut late in the round

I'll give it to the champ still. 1-1

Comment

Good even round until Higa had him hurt late. Higa landed 2 hard left hooks to body and a few damaging looking uppercuts throughout the round to Kobayashis few right hands and attempted establishment of jab

2-1 Higa

Comment

Working...
                    X