Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ben Askren Claims Jake Paul is Now Backing Away From Boxing Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ben Askren Claims Jake Paul is Now Backing Away From Boxing Match

Retired MMA veteran Ben Askren is now claiming that Youtube star Jake Paul is backing away from a potential March boxing match. Last month, Paul raised his pro record to 2-0 with 2 knockouts - after brutally blasting out NBA star Nate Robinson in two rounds, as part of the pay-per-view co-feature to the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones exhibition clash.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never knew about this lol would be a good little scrap.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Jake Paul was backing out, he's only fought skinny non-fighters and likes to be the bully. No way he bullies an actual professional fighter. His brother will find that out when he outweighs Mayweather by 40-50lbs and still gets his ass handed to him.

Comment

Paul would knock Askren the **** out, seriously. Askren has no natural athletic ability and some of the worst hands in UFC history. Like, i'm legitimately struggling to think of anyone thats been in the UFC that has worse striking, maybe Royce Gracie in ****ing 1993.

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]
        Last edited by TMLT87; 12-29-2020, 05:50 AM.

Comment

One of the worst parts about this string of clown fights is hearing about all these literally whos looking to jump on the circus money gravy train

Comment

Askren is an extremely poor striker in MMA. Why in the world would anybody credit him with any boxing ability? If they box, Paul knocks Askren cold.

Comment

Probably means heís looking at bigger money fighting someone else. Askrenís not a likable guy and heís not a striker. The MMA world probably wants him representing them as much as the NBA wanted Nate Robinson to rep them. Iíd actually root for Jake Paul over him.

Comment

I've heard of Helicopter Armbar, but this is the first time I've seen a Helicopter Punch.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Paul would knock Askren the **** out, seriously. Askren has no natural athletic ability and some of the worst hands in UFC history. Like, i'm legitimately struggling to think of anyone thats been in the UFC that has worse striking, maybe Royce Gracie in ****ing 1993.

Originally posted by SN!PER View Post

I've heard of Helicopter Armbar, but this is the first time I've seen a Helicopter Punch.
                  The spinning backfist could actually do some damage, but otherwise yeah, he really is a terrible striker.

Comment

Yeah this fight is terrible like everyone said Askren is a horrible striker great wrestler but bad stand up and very goofy no doubt Jake Paul would beat him up just based on the weight advantage alone Askren fought at 170 and has a bad hip Jake Paul is 190 and that's after cutting weight.

There are some strikers I'd like to see him face from MMA though Yoel Romero, Hector Lombard, hell even Anderson Silva was looking for a boxing match and he has fought Daniel Cormier at 205 before so at least they are similar sized strikers who could definitely beat him just a little up there in age.

Comment

Working...
                    X