Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Am Surprised Canelo Beat Callum So Easily; Goes To Show You How Good He Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    smith brothers, Fielding, old Kovalev after a few losses and knockouts on his record, the HORRENDOUS Chavez Jr, Kirkland, etc etc. Even
    give me a break, canelo was fighting ggg and the rest of those guys and charlo was an interim champ until 2019, if u dont even have a belt then u are a nobody & if u are 30 yrs old by that stage then u missed canelo and its not canelos fault, its his fault by choice

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post
      Both Charlo brothers, Demetrius, Benavidez, Gilberto Zurdo Ramirez, Anthony Dirrell
      Canelo smokes all of them in good time...but did you seriously add Anthony Dirrell to that list?!? Good grief.

Comment

I think canelos experience at a world level sets him apart from the rest of the pack. He is able to nullify the opponents best assets while utilising his.

Comment

Smith was terrible that's why he was chosen.

Comment

It's super sketchy how guys like Josesito Lopez and Shane Mosley would slug it out with Canelo but now suddenly guys like Kovalev and Callum Smith are terrified of his power. Can you say DRUG CHEAT

Comment

Smith is a C level fighter who wouldn't be ranked in top 30 MW of Marvelous Marvin Hager's era. Canelo knew what he was doing by picking him. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Songbird View Post
                give me a break, canelo was fighting ggg and the rest of those guys and charlo was an interim champ until 2019, if u dont even have a belt then u are a nobody & if u are 30 yrs old by that stage then u missed canelo and its not canelos fault, its his fault by choice
                Cheers. Thanks.

Comment

Callum Smith wasn’t that good. George Groves wasn’t that good. Eubank Jr ain’t that good. see the pattern? It’s like inbreeding

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                    It doesn't take a fan to see that Canelo has taken his game to a completely different level. He's pushing all time great status right now, he's perfected his craft and has an amazing set of tools that allow him to execute his plan in the ring.

You're seeing a prime all time great right now, I know he's controversial because he's had a few close decisions go his way and got caught for PEDs, but people need to put that aside and enjoy what they're watching, because it's pretty special right now. Guy is giving lessons in the Sweet Science every bout right now.
                    Finally I can comment on someone who knows what they are talking about. Canelo is NOW a COMPLETE fighter!

The first time I heard the term “complete fighter” was from the late Bouie Fisher.

The subject of our conversation was, of course, Bernard Hopkins. It was early 2001, before Hopkins took part in Don King’s middleweight tournament on HBO. Fisher told me that complete fighters are very rare in this era and that Hopkins was “almost there.” I told him that Hopkins showed me everything in his first bout vs. the dangerous Antwun Echols (December 1999).

Fisher said it takes at least 10 years to develop a complete fighter, and that’s only if a knowledgeable trainer has a very special student that is willing to dedicate himself to his craft for that amount of time and beyond.

I think Canelo is that kind of fighter and Eddy Reynoso is an aficionado of boxing and its history just like Fisher was. It’s taken more than 10 years, but Eddy’s star fighter has arrived. - Dougie Fisher

I 100% agree. Canelo has Offense, GREAT Defense, Speed, POWER. Canelo never panicks or looks hurt. His hits if your live sound like a mule kicking and breaking bones. Judges see and hear this. Then see the damage on him and then his opponents. Its gonna take a VERY special fighter on his BEST day to beat Canelo the next couple of years...

Comment

I bet all these haters will NEVER bet against Canelo the next few years no matter WHO he fights. If you will then step up now because before Ryder, Smith was the Boogeyman. I just want to make Sure who YOU pick I get locked up in stone before he meets his Ryder or has a down fight and then you jump on the next fighters dic.

Comment

Working...
                      X