Comments Thread For: Photos: Canelo Alvarez, Callum Smith - Ready For Texas War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Pretty much how I see it

Not sure Smith will rely too much on using the jab from distance though, that’s not really his game. He does his best work from mid distance.

One thing I’ll say for Smith is he is deceptively quick and accurate with that short left hook, which seems to hurt everyone when it lands flush. Canelo needs to be careful of that and not take too many, no matter how good his chin is. The distance Canelo does his best work is also where Smith lands those left hooks. So I think Canelo could be wary if he feels one early.
    Yup, that short left hook is a dangerous one, almost possitive that Reynoso and Canelo know that will be Smith's gold punch and they will be prepared to counter or block it.

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
      It's obvious one of these guys struggled a lot more to make the weight limit, still this is my final prediction:

Callum smith is gonna try to outbox Canelo on the outside, his main weapon tomorrow night will be his jab, he'll try to use the strategy Kovalev empoyed against Canelo, big difference is he's got a great short left hook which will be tryin to land. He's not gonna attack Canelo to the body because he knows a dangerous up counter will come up.

Canelo will be front foot heavy on this fight, similar to Kovalev, big difference is that he will not respect Smith's jab's power as he respected Kovalev, he's gonna relie heavlily on landing shots to the body, he'll be cutting the ring and steering Smith into the ropes, he's gonna have success on that department. He'll use some waist movement like Jacobs but not that much he won't need that kind of defense against Smith because he is not athletic nor fast as Jacobs was.

I'm leaning through Canelo by UD, would not be shocked if he stopped Smith but I think this will go the distance.
      Enjoyed the breakdown!

Comment

Yup, that short left hook is a dangerous one, almost possitive that Reynoso and Canelo know that will be Smith's gold punch and they will be prepared to counter or block it.
        Yeah

They just have to not underestimate how quick he can turn that punch over, he can throw it moving backwards too and get real leverage in it, changing the distance it travels from. Because he’s so tall, opponents might not expect it to come so quickly from a closer range.

Like I said in my last post, it’s not like Canelo is blowing his good opponents away. Most of the fights are competitive. If Smith is a solid world level fighter, I see no reason he can’t be competitive and look dangerous.

Canelo is favourite no doubt, but you would think he is stopping everyone in 3 rounds fight after fight, the way people talk. He usually wins decisions, some controversial and even when they’re not, he loses rounds.

Comment

Canelo looking at Smiths midsection and smirking. "Just begging to be pounded on."

Comment

Wow! This is a great fight! Go Canelo!

Comment

I'm leaning through Canelo by UD, would not be shocked if he stopped Smith but I think this will go the distance.
              I'm afraid that "snake Hearn" would wish to crush Canelo's "aura" tonight...
              ... Canelo must win by stoppage!!!

Comment

Working...
              X