• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by takenotes View Post
    More of the Mexican meat, huh Cheatelo?
    You’re confusing him with Furys boar meat

Comment

Canelo going to find a way to not fight and get paid

Comment

It's obvious one of these guys struggled a lot more to make the weight limit, still this is my final prediction:

Callum smith is gonna try to outbox Canelo on the outside, his main weapon tomorrow night will be his jab, he'll try to use the strategy Kovalev empoyed against Canelo, big difference is he's got a great short left hook which will be tryin to land. He's not gonna attack Canelo to the body because he knows a dangerous up counter will come up.

Canelo will be front foot heavy on this fight, similar to Kovalev, big difference is that he will not respect Smith's jab's power as he respected Kovalev, he's gonna relie heavlily on landing shots to the body, he'll be cutting the ring and steering Smith into the ropes, he's gonna have success on that department. He'll use some waist movement like Jacobs but not that much he won't need that kind of defense against Smith because he is not athletic nor fast as Jacobs was.

I'm leaning through Canelo by UD, would not be shocked if he stopped Smith but I think this will go the distance.

Comment

Fight has already been scripted.

Comment

Originally posted by willieb24 View Post
            Fight has already been scripted.
            Kinda like Wilder /fury 2 right??

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Wilder/Fury is not scripted...

Comment

i hope not coz its not good for boxing. If its not scripted and judges are not paid by Canelo, Smith deserves to win this one...

Comment

Originally posted by batista84 View Post
                  It's obvious one of these guys struggled a lot more to make the weight limit, still this is my final prediction:

Callum smith is gonna try to outbox Canelo on the outside, his main weapon tomorrow night will be his jab, he'll try to use the strategy Kovalev empoyed against Canelo, big difference is he's got a great short left hook which will be tryin to land. He's not gonna attack Canelo to the body because he knows a dangerous up counter will come up.

Canelo will be front foot heavy on this fight, similar to Kovalev, big difference is that he will not respect Smith's jab's power as he respected Kovalev, he's gonna relie heavlily on landing shots to the body, he'll be cutting the ring and steering Smith into the ropes, he's gonna have success on that department. He'll use some waist movement like Jacobs but not that much he won't need that kind of defense against Smith because he is not athletic nor fast as Jacobs was.

I'm leaning through Canelo by UD, would not be shocked if he stopped Smith but I think this will go the distance.
                  Pretty much how I see it

Not sure Smith will rely too much on using the jab from distance though, that’s not really his game. He does his best work from mid distance.

One thing I’ll say for Smith is he is deceptively quick and accurate with that short left hook, which seems to hurt everyone when it lands flush. Canelo needs to be careful of that and not take too many, no matter how good his chin is. The distance Canelo does his best work is also where Smith lands those left hooks. So I think Canelo could be wary if he feels one early.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                    Pretty much how I see it

Not sure Smith will rely too much on using the jab from distance though, that’s not really his game. He does his best work from mid distance.

One thing I’ll say for Smith is he is deceptively quick and accurate with that short left hook, which seems to hurt everyone when it lands flush. Canelo needs to be careful of that and not take too many, no matter how good his chin is. The distance Canelo does his best work is also where Smith lands those left hooks. So I think Canelo could be wary if he feels one early.
                    I keep telling ppl this won’t be easy Smith will make it a fight.

Comment

I keep telling ppl this won’t be easy Smith will make it a fight.
                      I think we might know early on how the fight will be

The thing is, lots of people are writing Smith off because he had a close fight with Ryder. I don’t really judge fighters just on a performance because even top fighters sometimes have pool performances and close fights, it can happen for various reasons, not just because they got exposed to something.

Let’s be real, It’s not like Canelo has been blowing away opposition time after time, most felt he lost to GGG. He had a very competitive fight with Jacobs who I don’t think is anything special. Even the fight with a washed up Kovalev was very competitive for most of the fight.

The only guy Canelo has totally outclasses in a few years is Rocky Fielding, and Smith smashed him up in 1 round when he was undefeated.

I still think Canelo is a top fighter, but my point is people act like he’s going in and blowing people away fight after fight , when the fact is the majority are very competitive fights, so if Smith can prove he is operating on a good world-class level, then there’s no reason why it can’t be competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X