Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Dubois Will Need 5-7 Fights Before Looking For Big Names

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    I had no idea how he was even favourite, never mind 4:1

I had absolutely no thoughts he could beat Joyce, as I posted many times on here before the fight, unless it was a punchers chance, which rarely happens when guys are on different levels.

You don’t go from flattening Japanese journeymen to beating Joe Joyce. And that’s not even taking into account the fact Dubois hasn’t got the style to beat Joyce.
    Good points. I too saw nothing in his style that would suggest he could deal with Joyce. I remember seeing Joyce in a WBS fight years ago vs. Usyk and he did ok.

Comment

The team Dubois is with he'll never make the top.
      I think he was out of his depth & unequipped for the job. I've been saying from the beginning he has absolutely no head movement & is alway's going to be an easy target. No matter how hard you work if your being taught the wrong things you'll never be elite thinking you'll alway's land the one big shot. He needs to loose 20lbs, work on his movement & speed. Though saying all that he might be another Danny William's, looks great in the gym but can't do it in the ring.
      How tf was he wbo no. 2? The belt should be abolished

Comment

...and yet somehow Dubois managed to leapfrog Joseph Parker in the rankings to No2.

What a joke!

Parker v Joyce is the fight to make with the winner to truly test Usyk.

Comment

Joyce or dubois neither should be in the ring vs anyone top tier. Both clearly u can see was 2 or 3 levels below legit champion status. Joyce i dont see beating anyone his size or similar with athletism. Usyk 1 i see joyce with decent chance n thats only size advantage n once usyk starts painting joyce up joyce is just gonna jab grab n hold using size advantage to boring fight that leads to judges decision

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
            Oh get off it for Christ’s sake. The kid is 23. In the heavyweight division that’s a baby. Your hatred is for a freaking promoter; A PROMOTER! When did it become posh to hate on promoters and promotional companies? I swear boxing fans are the window lickers of sports. You wonder why other sporting fans laugh at us hysterically? Because they don’t talk about franchise owners more than the actual players. Some truly helmet wearing, mouth piece donning, drool cup carrying idiots.
            Yea...he's 23 and he's already lost a fight THAT HE WAS WINNING by quitting in the middle of it....that's not good going forward....we can be fanboys but we need to be realists as well....DDD will be on the UK domestic scene for the rest of his career because I just don't see him coming back from this type of loss this early in his career.....now if he was 28 it might be different...maybe he'd have the maturity to deal with a loss like this but this kid is just too young to come back from this. PROSPECTS SHOULD NOT BE LOSING THIS EARLY. You can blame Warren who hyped this kid way too early because he's hemorrhaging money.
            Last edited by Fighter78; 12-01-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Thank God this happened to Dubois at this stage. If he had gone into the ring with Joshua as he was thinking only God knows what would have happened to him. He should look in the direction of Efe Ajagba or Efetobor now

Comment

I think Dubois will be ok with 4 fights. Haye is right about him not having experience - but what do you expect with Frank Warren???

Dubois really looks the part physically. It's just his boxing has big gaps. Someone really ****** up not sorting that out already!

Comment

Originally posted by pollywog View Post
                  ...and yet somehow Dubois managed to leapfrog Joseph Parker in the rankings to No2.

What a joke!

Parker v Joyce is the fight to make with the winner to truly test Usyk.
                  He was never in the top-10 in the real rankings. Those are just the fake Belt rankings you are talking bout. That's how someone like Breazeale (Also not in the top-10) gets to fight Wilder while genuine top-10 fighters go to the back of the queue

Boxing is messed up

Comment

Working...
                  X