Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Dubois Will Need 5-7 Fights Before Looking For Big Names

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's young so there wasn't/isn't any massive need to rush into anything. Losing to a solid HW like Joyce is no shame. He does have something about him as a fighter I feel, he doesn't need to start from scratch.

He'll probably have a few confident builders on his return. Then should maybe look at some beatable veteran types.
    Fighters like Joyce and Yoka have names like Allen, Hammer, Ustinov and Stiverne on their record. Plus they have the amateur experience Dubois lacks.

He needs to be fighting at a tougher level he was prior to the Joyce fight. As that then became a big step up.
    Last edited by Chrismart; 11-30-2020, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Yeah it was a man fighting a boy. Joyce was too tough for DDD at this stage.

Comment

Same injury as Brook , Daniel couldn't see the big man's punches coming anymore and rightfully saved his career and eyesight for another day.Joe looked good but not sure he'd even beat Usyk who I consider one of the weaker named heavies.

Comment

Dubois should face and win vs some good boxer to be credible. Hughie Fury could be interesting, to stay in uk. Or ajagba/yoka or even ortiz. But I doubt the latters would like to face him.

Comment

Credit to Joyce. I picked Dubois, but he didn't make the step up. Joyce is a top contender. Fury is so far above any other heavyweight at the moment.

Comment

I remember asking for months on Facebook why Dubois was a 4:1 favorite over Joyce. No one could answer me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post
                He predicted Joyce winning
                Maybe the first one in ages it seems.

Comment

He needs to be moved properly

They should probably just look at the way Joyce was brought through. The matchmaking for him has been pretty much spot on for taking him through the levels.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
                    I remember asking for months on Facebook why Dubois was a 4:1 favorite over Joyce. No one could answer me.
                    I had no idea how he was even favourite, never mind 4:1

I had absolutely no thoughts he could beat Joyce, as I posted many times on here before the fight, unless it was a punchers chance, which rarely happens when guys are on different levels.

You don’t go from flattening Japanese journeymen to beating Joe Joyce. And that’s not even taking into account the fact Dubois hasn’t got the style to beat Joyce.

Comment

The time is on his side. He is not any worse than guys like Yoka, Ajagba and others. he must go back to basics, get some easy fights and come back than.

Comment

Working...
                      X