Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Dubois Definitely Quit, But He Saved His Eye; He's Young, Can Come Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
    Each of those guys I mentioned are taller than Joe Joyce so.......
    DDD would’ve put Wilders lights out with the same shots , he’s nothing like a Joyce who also has 40 pounds on Wilder . No one in fact will have an easy fight with Joyce no matter who it is ,most aren’t going to see round 10 either .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 11-30-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Boom...somebody gets it. These brits are pathetic with their lame and weak excuses.....you even had one guy on a post say that Dubois quitting was a "show of strength"....LOL.....you literally can't make this stuff up....these folks have to be the weakest people on earth
      Now you folks get it. Don’t ever expect any of these nationalist football song singing drunkards off the council estate to see anything but nationality and flags. Most of these British posters are English and the English are the most nationalist people on earth with an island mentality. There are a few real boxing fans on here from Blighty but most of them are event fans and not real boxing fans....they don’t really know the sport and certainly not the history. Most of them are here because they have started watching the sport because of Edward Hearn.

Comment

You guys keep talking about living to fight another day and make sum money crap.....the dude is NOT COMING BACK FROM THIS....BOTTOM LINE....MARK MY WORDS.....he took a loss like this in this fashion WAYYY TOO EARLY in his career.....every dime I have says he's finished!
        All the guys he's beat til this day he could beat again.
        But against hard hitters who can take punch also he might be finished and not reach the level he could have.

Comment

You guys keep talking about living to fight another day and make sum money crap.....the dude is NOT COMING BACK FROM THIS....BOTTOM LINE....MARK MY WORDS.....he took a loss like this in this fashion WAYYY TOO EARLY in his career.....every dime I have says he's finished!
          You may be correct, it's a terrible injury for anyone, let alone a fighter ... who definitely WILL be getting hit in the eye again.

He is young though, and God makes our bodies in amazing ways. He may heal, the bones coming back thicker and stronger, and be able to continue. My collar-bone injuries did just that. Time will tell. I hope he is not rushed back ...

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            DDD would’ve put Wilders lights out with the same shots , he’s nothing like a Joyce who also has 40 pounds on Wilder . No one in fact will have an easy fight with Joyce no matter who it is ,most aren’t going to see round 10 either .
            Any HW can go down and lose from the shots fron another HW fighter. Not to understand that is juvenile. That said, Wilder has always proven to be pretty elusive to big shots, prior to Fury. Never a given that anyone finds his target.

That said, the fun and beauty of HW Boxing is that, no matter how skilled, big, or favored a fighter is ... he can be stopped by his opponent. Wilder, Fury, Ali, Lewis, Marciano ... none were ever exempt from that fact. That's why the fights are always intriguing.

As usual, you are consumed with trying to minimize Deontay. He's in your head bad dude .... LoLoL!

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
              Any HW can go down and lose from the shots fron another HW fighter. Not to understand that is juvenile. That said, Wilder has always proven to be pretty elusive to big shots, prior to Fury. Never a given that anyone finds his target.

That said, the fun and beauty of HW Boxing is that, no matter how skilled, big, or favored a fighter is ... he can be stopped by his opponent. Wilder, Fury, Ali, Lewis, Marciano ... none were ever exempt from that fact. That's why the fights are always intriguing.

As usual, you are consumed with trying to minimize Deontay. He's in your head bad dude .... LoLoL!
              Those guys never got wobbled by jabs .It’s painfully obvious Wilder is packing glass like his brother who couldn’t make it a boxer because he doesn’t have big brothers height to avoid shots .

Wilder is not a top 5 fighter now until he proves he can still be mentally tough so,that’s not crying it’s just a fact . Joyce vs Wilder would see Joe winning now . He would be the smart bet . That’s the fight I asked for awhile now and posters laughed . Who’s laughing now ?

Comment

Joyce vs tony yoka rematch unless want to step up majorly then joyce vs parker wilder or ruiz. Usyk is better boxer by far but because size disasvantage. I see joyce winning by boring decision of jab grab and hold through 12

Comment

Nonsense. It’s ridiculous a young fighter should feel that way in a non title fight because boxing fails to put on quality cards start to finish. This kid was still boxing and looking for his shots. Kudos to him and Warren for having the courage to actually make his young fighter fight someone decent. I like Dubois’ raw ability. He only gonna get better. For Joyce it’s now or never.

Comment

Originally posted by diarraisagod View Post
                    Yeah non-issue for me too

If we're calling people out for not taking chances with their eye sight then boxing shouldn't be labelled a sport
                    He's young and will come again
                    This is the simple bottom line. If a football player tears his hamstring and goes down mid-play, no one questions that he had to. If a basketball player falls head first onto the court after losing his balance going for a rebound, no one questions if he quit. If a hockey player takes a stick to his face or neck and hits the ice, no one says the guy is finished and will never recover because he has no heart.

There is looking for a way out, then there is legit concern for long term damage. Dubois, who I picked to win, was busted up and legit had concern for long term damage. This fight is NOT worth being blinded in one eye and any moron who thinks so is not a fan of the sport, he is a blood monger who cheers for people to stomp the drunk guy who collapsed in the parking lot during a bar fight. Former NFL football coach Bill Parcells once said at a press conference "You can play hurt, you can't play injured." Dubois was straight up legit injured. GREAT win for Joyce, the right decision for Dubois.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                      Those guys never got wobbled by jabs .It’s painfully obvious Wilder is packing glass like his brother who couldn’t make it a boxer because he doesn’t have big brothers height to avoid shots .

Wilder is not a top 5 fighter now until he proves he can still be mentally tough so,that’s not crying it’s just a fact . Joyce vs Wilder would see Joe winning now . He would be the smart bet . That’s the fight I asked for awhile now and posters laughed . Who’s laughing now ?
                      No proof that Wilder is packing glass. Wilder has always been mentally tough in his fights. He lost one. A loss doesn't necessarily change who he is. Time will tell. You're just projecting ill-will. You really have no facts juste hater thoughts.

I picked and pulled for Joyce in most of his fights, he's a big tough guy. He may be too slow and open to fight Wilder though. I'd watch the fight though, I like Joyce. Never forget Joyce grew under he PBC (I know you Brits hate him for that).

Wilder's brother? What's that have to do with anything? You love those Wilders though ....

Comment

Working...
                      X