Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce: Dubois Definitely Quit, But He Saved His Eye; He's Young, Can Come Back

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foggy View Post
    I got it right for once. After 2 rounds of action I called the round, and that a jab would stop him.

He was looking fragile between rounds, with his corner having to gee him up, and you just cant take a heavy jab round after round.
    Ok..I got a question....if Joe's jab did that much damage to dubious Dubois's face....what would a right hand from Joshua fury or wilder do to his eye? That's a legit question and based on that question I do believe this kid is finished as far as big time heavyweight boxing.....he'll linger on the UK bum scene for a while but that's about as far as I see him going.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
      He was not winning the fight and if you say the Jab never landed he would have won is just dumb. He was not going to win on points and he was tired
      This isn’t true at all, DDD was up on the cards and knowing it’s a Warren event was always going to win a close fight since that’s his second best heavyweight.

Comment

Crazy how much sympathy he is getting if it was an American you would never hear the end of it but since he is British he gets a pass for health reasons. Maybe it's because he's young and was undefeated so he can still bounce back funny stuff. Dubois just got his karma he was making fun of Joe Joyces mom who is blind so now he got eye issues of his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post
          Ok..I got a question....if Joe's jab did that much damage to dubious Dubois's face....what would a right hand from Joshua fury or wilder do to his eye? That's a legit question and based on that question I do believe this kid is finished as far as big time heavyweight boxing.....he'll linger on the UK bum scene for a while but that's about as far as I see him going.
          That’s a lot accumulated shots however, none of those guys also have Joyce’s chin . Claiming he’s done isn’t realistic at all .Not many guys are going to be 6”6 265 pounds either .

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            Crazy how much sympathy he is getting if it was an American you would never hear the end of it but since he is British he gets a pass for health reasons. Maybe it's because he's young and was undefeated so he can still bounce back funny stuff. Dubois just got his karma he was making fun of Joe Joyces mom who is blind so now he got eye issues of his own.
            Boom...somebody gets it. These brits are pathetic with their lame and weak excuses.....you even had one guy on a post say that Dubois quitting was a "show of strength"....LOL.....you literally can't make this stuff up....these folks have to be the weakest people on earth

Comment

Dubois another Jeff Lacey

Comment

Boom...somebody gets it. These brits are pathetic with their lame and weak excuses.....you even had one guy on a post say that Dubois quitting was a "show of strength"....LOL.....you literally can't make this stuff up....these folks have to be the weakest people on earth
                Lmao I didn't catch that post but that's hilarious doesn't surprise me though.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                  That’s a lot accumulated shots however, none of those guys also have Joyce’s chin . Claiming he’s done isn’t realistic at all .Not many guys are going to be 6”6 265 pounds either .
                  Each of those guys I mentioned are taller than Joe Joyce so.......

Comment

I'll echo what others are saying and say smart to quit. It was way touch to soon as we all saw. Dubois was a little overhyped also. His jab was disappointing and the power was a little overrated also. Dude should lose some muscle and work the cardio and defense/head movement. Still young though so who knows.

Comment

There was an article that said David Haye was "noble in defeat" when he lost to Wladimir Klitschko.

All I remember from that fight was David going down on his knees when Wladimir wrestled him and complaining a lot to the referee.

Comment

Working...
                      X