Spence has more belts, better opponents, and better PPV #'s

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    So Spence is the A Side then.

There’s no argument, the numbers are there clearly and will only get wider after Spence vs Danny which probably does around 300k
    Spence is doing better numbers at the gate and selling PPVs for sure. But again, these splits really only matter if you are dealing with PBC vs TR. If both are with the PBC, then Haymon will just get it 50/50 or close to it.

If he can 300k buys against DSG, that would be huge. I think it does less than that in the range of 225-250k, but I guess 300k is possible.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      So Spence is the A Side then.

There’s no argument, the numbers are there clearly and will only get wider after Spence vs Danny which probably does around 300k
      This where things get skewed, Porter Garcia are a level up on Khan Postal much better matchups of known fighters, I think if you had TC vs those and Errol vs Postal Khan then the numbers would be reversed.

I believe the matchup is what brings the numbers, not one guy unless the opponent is way below him and that also has to be taken into account, these might have the titles but they not established superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Nothing accurate about your delusional bullsheeit. Whoever brings in more $ deserves more. Only dumbasses seem to not understand this fact.

" more ".... of sweet fcuk all... does not make one a superstar

FACT: neither of those guys are stars... so neither of them should be acting like one

SAME... for Crawford

fans who blurt out dopey excuses to protect their guy are the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
          This where things get skewed, Porter Garcia are a level up on Khan Postal much better matchups of known fighters, I think if you had TC vs those and Errol vs Postal Khan then the numbers would be reversed.

I believe the matchup is what brings the numbers, not one guy unless the opponent is way below him and that also has to be taken into account, these might have the titles but they not established superstars.
          Is Porter a level up on Khan? Just the fight before Spence, he did a terrible gate in California and then he fights Spence and the gate is 2.3M. And Crawford could have fought Porter on PPV but Arum has been on record saying it would completely tank on PPV and they would lose a lot of money.

If Spence does over 250K buys vs DSG, you just can't ignore it any longer. Having bigger name opponents as we have seen over the years helps build the fighter and increases their fan base.

This is all going to be a moot point anyways by end of next year when they face off.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Than Terence "Bud" Crawford.

Why on earth would he accept a 50/50 split?
            Honestly. Who cares about these guys.

What about them Raiders.

Comment

FACT: if Spence demands 60%... and that demand kills the fight... then, Spence did not want to face Terrence Crawford

same for Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                I agree.

That said I get Bud trying to get more. Thats how it works. People get too into this sh^t when its all a negotiation publicly that we see & privately that we don't see & the goal is to get as good of an offer as you can get &/or give as lil as you got to.
                It's true if we act like Bud always fought in the same division.

Bud has less names and quality than Spence, but fought through 3 divisions. I get that 135 and 140 were kinda weak but still, he did it.

So overall, his resume is not worst than Spence.

It's never easy to move up, fight in a third division, see Loma, Bud is doing it easy because he has such an "Anderson Silva like" athletic frame, so props to Bud.

People underestimating a bit the level of guys like mean machine, Benav, Horn, that's not so bad, they would not be ridiculous against the Brooks, Porters of the world.

At this point this fight should be 50/50 IMO.

Both are great fighters, what will separate them from each other will be who will win their fight.
                Last edited by BillyBoxing; 11-22-2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Crawford vs Postal - ~50,000
                  Crawford vs Khan - 125-150,000

Spence vs Garcia - 330,000-350,000
                  Spence vs Porter - 275,000-300,000

Crawford vs Khan gate was around 1.5M. His gate vs Horn was over 900,000 but less than a million.

Spence vs Garcia gate was over 4M, but less than 5M. I posted it here but can't recall off the top of my head.

Spence vs Porter gate was 2.3M.

Spence deserves the bigger share but if Crawford gets with Haymon, they probably get it to 50/50 or close to it.
                  How much would do Spence on PPV vs Postal and Khan?

Porter and Garcia are bigger names...

So that's not a fair point.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                    How much would do Spence on PPV vs Postal and Khan?

Porter and Garcia are bigger names...

So that's not a fair point.
                    Those are just facts. Not a fair point? Arum could have put Crawford vs Porter on PPV but he said no one knows who Porter is and the PPV would tank.

LIS, Porter was coming off doing a horrendous gate vs Ugas in California and the very next fight against Spence in the same state/area, he does a 2.3M gate.

Put it this way, do I think Crawford vs Porter does the same type of gate and PPV buys as Spence vs Porter? No, I do not.

Comment

A/B sides is about numbers. not resume, belts or accomplishments.

Logan Paul would be the A side against every active boxer...

NUMBERS... thats the only leverage.

Spence has the numbers edge (better PPVs, higher gates, ratings) so he is A side

Comment

Working...
                      X