Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Will Look To Get Exception From WBO To Face Fury in 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm down to kick the WBO out. The IBF can **** off too. WTF good are two bodies whose history goes back to the ****ing 80s? Honestly, when they dispute the WBC/A we should just see them as we do the IBO. A novel interest that does not matter, because they're ****ing 80s belts and have **** all to do with shaping the sport.

At least the WBA/C did **** like the 10 point must, 12 rounder, etc. They are the original ranking boards, they are why champions have to be active, they have **** they did that is braggable.

TF the WBO or IBF do? Have rankings that make yer ***** juice? That's worth never having a real champion in any division? Getting undisputed for a fight or two before they **** off to the next division because by the time they have all four they damn sure have no competition left.

I'm ready to call WBC/A uni undisputed. IBF, WBO can be unters like the IBO. Only real title holders are WBA-C. We still need Fury vs Joshua and ****, but, if Joshua didn't have Usyk AND Pulev to deal with we'd done been there OR at least there'd be more fan pressure.

If it has no history, if it was never apart of the organizations that actually shaped boxing, there is no saving grace. It's just mud in the water and nothing else, **** them.

Bowe and Holmes really don't mean **** to be honest. Lennox still dropped a belt to fight McCall and never defended undisputed because 3 mandos is ****ing stupid, especially when 0 of the 3 have the guy fans want to see champ fight.

Now we have 4. And since the 4 belt era we have had B-Hop, who was not able to see four mandos through even once. TC won didn't defend at all, Usyk who has one defense like B and never tried to defend all four belts in four mandos from the four bodies, Taylor with no defenses, and now Teo who is already ready to move up and definitely will not stack even one defense let alone one round of mandos on his undisputed.

**** these belts boys, we don't need them. Wlad's reign sucked because he had mandos every year and they gave him *******s like Mormeck. ****ing Mormeck. Seriously, **** that ****.

Comment

Any credible SB would, without blinking, sanction the unification fight between Joshua and Fury. Any mando after Pulev should not be discussed at all. Just hope WBO is not an enemy to boxing

Comment

So, I wonder.....

Would any boxing historian see a Joshua/Fury heavyweight fight any different if it was for the undisputed titles, all 42 of them, then they would if it was just Joshua/Fury for the top position in the 200+ division, titles or no? Would the gates change? Interest in the fight? PPV numbers?

Nope. No they would not. They only difference would that Joshua/Fury and their teams would take home more money as the sanctioning fees would not be paid. Maybe Joshua wants all the titles to make up for his lost in the history books, but I do not think Fury would care. None of us would. I am a Usyk fan, but I do not want Joshua/Usyk. I want Joshua/Fury.

Drop all the belts. It would be just as big.

Comment

There is no way AJ wins with AJ/Eddie/Matchroom haters. If he ditch the wbo and fight fury, they will complain that he avoids mandatory, if he go for uysk, they will say he ducked fury. What ever he decides is fine by me. They are both good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
            We all want the undesputed fight. Period.

Hearn & Aj have already ducked undesputed with they're demanding instead of negotiating with Wilder in 18, Aj said himself in an inrerview on sky "I won't be rushed into the Wilder fight" he then said"19 20 21"Hearn then said 2020. Cough💨marrinating whilst milking the belts fighting old men & top 15s
            I think Aj is mentally weak & Hearn was also blocking the undesputed fight with Whyte for both Wilder then Fury.

I just hope Aj & Eddie are ready because I wouldn't put it past them to fight Usyk after Pulev which tbh is a fight i still want to see but not the fight the world wants.
            Stop writing rubbish and think you know boxing. By 18, AJ was barely 19 fights and went H2H with a serial champ. @18, who was wilder fighting? Was he close to any title fight or any champ?
            AJ is entitled to shape his own career just the way wilder did by fight uber drivers..
            Stop being a hater dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
              I'm down to kick the WBO out. The IBF can **** off too. WTF good are two bodies whose history goes back to the ****ing 80s? Honestly, when they dispute the WBC/A we should just see them as we do the IBO. A novel interest that does not matter, because they're ****ing 80s belts and have **** all to do with shaping the sport.

At least the WBA/C did **** like the 10 point must, 12 rounder, etc. They are the original ranking boards, they are why champions have to be active, they have **** they did that is braggable.

TF the WBO or IBF do? Have rankings that make yer ***** juice? That's worth never having a real champion in any division? Getting undisputed for a fight or two before they **** off to the next division because by the time they have all four they damn sure have no competition left.

I'm ready to call WBC/A uni undisputed. IBF, WBO can be unters like the IBO. Only real title holders are WBA-C. We still need Fury vs Joshua and ****, but, if Joshua didn't have Usyk AND Pulev to deal with we'd done been there OR at least there'd be more fan pressure.

If it has no history, if it was never apart of the organizations that actually shaped boxing, there is no saving grace. It's just mud in the water and nothing else, **** them.

Bowe and Holmes really don't mean **** to be honest. Lennox still dropped a belt to fight McCall and never defended undisputed because 3 mandos is ****ing stupid, especially when 0 of the 3 have the guy fans want to see champ fight.

Now we have 4. And since the 4 belt era we have had B-Hop, who was not able to see four mandos through even once. TC won didn't defend at all, Usyk who has one defense like B and never tried to defend all four belts in four mandos from the four bodies, Taylor with no defenses, and now Teo who is already ready to move up and definitely will not stack even one defense let alone one round of mandos on his undisputed.

**** these belts boys, we don't need them. Wlad's reign sucked because he had mandos every year and they gave him *******s like Mormeck. ****ing Mormeck. Seriously, **** that ****.

Alternatively Wilders reign sucked because he was allowed to pick opponents like Arreola, Spzilka and Washington don't even think they qualify as gate keepers. Also his mandatories were Breazealle and Stiverne guys who didn't belong in the top ten or probably 20/30 for Stiverne at the time.

Plus WBC got the franchise belt so that title don't mean shet in terms of whose best as long as Mauricio Sulaiman makes the rules up as he goes along.

Need a complete do over with a more tournament style system IMO. You shouldn't be allowed in the top ten until you beat someone in it and mandatories should only be picked from top 5 after an elminator between two of them. Will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                Alternatively Wilders reign sucked because he was allowed to pick opponents like Arreola, Spzilka and Washington don't even think they qualify as gate keepers. Also his mandatories were Breazealle and Stiverne guys who didn't belong in the top ten or probably 20/30 for Stiverne at the time.

Plus WBC got the franchise belt so that title don't mean shet in terms of whose best as long as Mauricio Sulaiman makes the rules up as he goes along.

Need a complete do over with a more tournament style system IMO. You shouldn't be allowed in the top ten until you beat someone in it and mandatories should only be picked from top 5 after an elminator between two of them. Will never happen.
                They should also add, a champ can't have a voluntary defence outside top 50/60 guy. This makes fights a little interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                  They should also add, a champ can't have a voluntary defence outside top 50/60 guy. This makes fights a little interesting.
                  I don't even think you could make a convincing argument against that if it was the top 10/20 espicially since champs are only fighting twice a year nowadays.

Champs fighting cans damages the sport.

Comment

When was the last era when HWs in the top ten actually beat other HWs in the top ten? Honest question, not rhetorical or some underhanded point I'm driving at.

Far as HWs being made top ten overnight for no reason, I've told you before that's not a Wilder exclusive it's just you're paying attention to Wilder's or the WBC's instances. You need to pay more attention to regional titles and what they are for.

For example, right now, it ain't the WBC who has Chris Arreola in the top ten for no reason at all. Done nothing, lost his last fight and been inactive and between the Kownacki fight and Wilder fight he fought 0 top tens.

Point is that isn't a WBC exclusive. That's a body issue and it's been a problem for a long, long, time.

Given that only covers A and C may was well cover Mormeck again because that'll body IBF and WBO too.

Mormeck was ranked by the WBA, WBO, and IBF for the Wlad defense in 2012. Interestingly the one body Wlad wasn't champion of didn't rank him. Mormeck hadn't fought since 2010 when he fought Wlad in 2012. Mormeck did have a win over a top ten HW though, kinda, he beat Fres when fres was 10 in the WBA....in 2010, not 2012. So by the time he'd fought Wlad he hadn't fought but one top ten two years ago.

Fres is where it gets really ****ty though. Fres beat no one to get that ranking. No top ten HW. Instead Fres won the NABA and USBA titles which forced a 10 rank from the WBA. After Fres got bodied by Fat Toney.

So, you have a guy who beat no one, got beaten by a guy no respects at HW, won some titles no one respects at any weight, forced his position into top ten because of BS bureaucracy, then loses to a CW who never beat anyone either but can maintain ranking while sitting on ass anyway.

I'm sure you'll figure out a way to make Wilder worse, but, there is no fronting like this doesn't make the WBA, IBF, and WBO just as guilty of ranking no hopers just to give their champion an easy night.

Still happening at present. No one needs to fight a top ten to be a top ten, look at their records.

Comment

I don't even think you could make a convincing argument against that if it was the top 10/20 espicially since champs are only fighting twice a year nowadays.

Champs fighting cans damages the sport.
                      Absolutely..... I deliberately gave a wide threshold to accommodate flimsy excuses for stay busy fights. Its not acceptable for a champ to fight a guy outside top 60 and hide under the umbrella of stay busy fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X