Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greatest Heavyweights Of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I will point out if Vitali klitschko is considered an alltime great then so is Deontay Wilder. Same type of career. Both have no signature wins. Both lost to the best fighter they faced & both have thin resumes. Title defences against Sosnowski, Danny Williams, Kevin Johnson, Charr, old Briggs, Adamek & you can go up & down his resume & what was his best win? Sam Peter? Cherry picking at it’s finest. If Vitali is in the hall of fame then Wilder should be too. I think Vitali should never have been elected into the HOF & neither should Wilder at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      One thing I will point out if Vitali klitschko is considered an alltime great then so is Deontay Wilder. Same type of career. Both have no signature wins. Both lost to the best fighter they faced & both have thin resumes. Title defences against Sosnowski, Danny Williams, Kevin Johnson, Charr, old Briggs, Adamek & you can go up & down his resume & what was his best win? Sam Peter? Cherry picking at it’s finest. If Vitali is in the hall of fame then Wilder should be too. I think Vitali should never have been elected into the HOF & neither should Wilder at this point.
      Vitali didn’t duck any fights ,please save us this argument. Ha

Vitali could not unify or become undisputed bec his brother was the other Champion ,please don’t disrespect boxing like this . Vitali fight with Lewis is far more significant then any Wilder win .

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
        and he got massacred by journeymen
        Oliver MCCall was a solid HW & Rahman 2 time champion. Lewis never got massacred he got one punch ko’d. Took Mccall lightly & never bothered to train for Rahman & he paid for it. His biggest weakness was arrogance. Rahman & McCall were tough HWs. Not elite but good. Avenged both losses & look at his resume of Voluntary defences. It is unmatched! Most were HW champions at one point. Holyfield would probably be my second pick. Wladimir was dominant but his era was nowhere near as deep as the 90s.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
          Vitali didn’t duck any fights ,please save us this argument. Ha

Vitali could not unify or become undisputed bec his brother was the other Champion ,please don’t disrespect boxing like this . Vitali fight with Lewis is far more significant then any Wilder win .
          He lost to Lewis! The list of HWs vitali never fought during his era is long! I have made a list a few times & the proof was in the pudding. I never said Vitali ducked anyone but he did cherry pick his title defences. Look at his resume. His career is similar to Wilder’s. I’m not sure how old you are but I’m old enough to remember him quitting against Chris Byrd on an HBO Saturday night broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKasha View Post
            Fury ending Wlad's reign is imo more impressive than AJ's knockout (Wlad almost knocked him out) even if Wlad looked better in the AJ fight

AJ has the overall quanity of names, but Fury's top 2 wins>>>>AJ's top 2 wins
            I don't think so. The fight lacked almost everything needed to make it a "fight". And that was the fault of both of them, except in one instance. Klitschko could not help being old and slow. and far too hesitant. He did not adapt to Fury's walk-about and play-acting. He reminded me at times of Jersey Joe Walcott, except that Walcott actually would hit his opponent.

That "fight" would be better forgotten. Klitschko's valiant effort against Joshua was his response to his hapless performance against Fury. For the first time in many years, he fought the way he used to, before Corrie Sanders TKO'd him with his head and fist.

If you have an interest in seeing things as they REALLY happened, and watched that fateful round against Sanders in slo-mo, you would see the head arriving just before the fist, in fact Klitscko was going down from the head butt when the fist reached him.

Comment

I think you're wrong about Klitschko. He fought everybody available and avoided nobody. He was a great fighter, and is recognised as such by experts..

Comment

Prime Povetkin arguably lost to Huck coming up in a CW class Years ago ,so these silly arguments don’t hold much . The fact is anyone could be prime when they try and win an argument both Povetkin and Wlad improved with age ,Wlad fought an inexperienced Povetkin and less strong then he is now .

We can imagine anything to win a debate I just stick to facts ,the fact is Povetkin is a very dangerous crafty fighter who had his best training camps against AJ and Whyte . We saw both results and who’s the real deal and not .

If Povetkin is the standard of losing against him , you yourself could just enter a fight and win against him , but it doesn’t work like that. You need to be elite or have a huge shot to get past Povetkin when he’s on point .
                Sorry to disagree again. Klitschko did NOT improve with age. Let's be accurate. He was a killer when on his way up and when he won his first title. After his losses to Sanders and Brewster, when even his brother wanted him to retire, and all believed he had no chin, (except himself who knew he had a good chin, and fought Peters to prove it) he went to Manny Steward, who changed his style to be almost like Lennox Lewis, which detracted from his killer game, but achieved winning longevity. This is what you most likely mean. In my opinion only, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                  I think you're wrong about Klitschko. He fought everybody available and avoided nobody. He was a great fighter, and is recognised as such by experts..
                  No he didn’t come anywhere close to fighting everyone of his era. I’m no expert but the list of HWs he didn’t fight is long. I never said he ducked anyone but he never fought a lot of good HWs that were active during his career. Wladimir is an ATG but Vitali is not in my opinion.

Comment

That’s not a measurement of an ATG ,it’s well known Fury vs Wlad was one of the worst title fights ever .Had Fury fought like AJ he would get sparked that night and going for the kill is most dangerous and in 19 fights ? Quality and fighting top guys on a regular basis is what Fury doesn’t have .
                    I agree with you 100% here.

Comment

No he didn’t come anywhere close to fighting everyone of his era. I’m no expert but the list of HWs he didn’t fight is long. I never said he ducked anyone but he never fought a lot of good HWs that were active during his career. Wladimir is an ATG but Vitali is not in my opinion.
                      Well no harm we both have our opinions and just happen to differ. He fought everyone available. "Available" is the key word. He had the killer instanct and refused to be beaten. His two losses were from injury when ahead. In fact I think it was his inexperience with the US fans which caused him to declare injury in his first loss, because he could have gone on, and even lost the remaining rounds but still win. He was still regarding it as a sport, instead of a business. Against Lewis, the eyebrow cut was not bothering him, and not dangerous on any way, stopped bleeding 2 rds before. The dr. who stopped the fight, made a mistake and gave 3-4 different excuses after the fight to explain himself.

The reason -at the time he stopped it- was that "I asked him to look up and he didn't, so I felt that he couldn't open his eyelid, that the nerves were cut"... The FACT were, that there was the usual hubbub, even more so as they expected Lewis to be KOd in the next round, and the dr. was standing right up against him, and speaking well above his head. I'm certin that Klitschko never heard him, and wouldn't have understood him anyway as he had very poor English.

You may recall, that when Klitschko finally understood that the fight had been stopped against HIM, he nearly cried, he was calling out "I can zee, I can zee weryy vel", and BOTH his eyes were wide open and glaring around. There was nothing wrong with his eyelid. He was heartbroken. Then the WBC ordered a rematch to be finalise in 90 days. Lewis messed around, would not come to the table, and the WBC finally threatened to strip him by March 1st at noon. Lewis waited until 10 a.m. that last day, and announced his retirement. He was jealous and egotistical. Particularly jealous of the Klitschkos' sterling characters, their educations, and their high positions in the boxing world as ambassadors and charity donors. .Gentlemen and high calibre sportsmen, a different class and standing entirely to Lewis.
                      Last edited by edgarg; 10-28-2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X