Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berlanga: I'm Ready To Go Rounds, But See Fear in Eyes of Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
    ppl talking about his resume already lol relax.

even Mike Tyson began his career crushing bums and unknowns.

let Berlanga develop
    berlanga is a bum

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
      berlanga is a bum
      The only person I've seen you talked good about is Subriel Matis I'm curious why? You really think he's better then Berlanga, Josh Taylor , Regis Prograis etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
        The only person I've seen you talked good about is Subriel Matis I'm curious why? You really think he's better then Berlanga, Josh Taylor , Regis Prograis etc?
        his style is all wrong for taylor and prograis.

berlanga is a plain and simple fraud.
        he is slow and stupid. and will be beaten easily when he fights a non-bum

Comment

first real fight this coward has, he will be ko or quit on his stool.
          he is a slow plodding coward who only fights bums.
          all talk
          Kid has 15 fights. Everybody is not a Floyd, Loma, or Lopez. People really hate a knockout artist. If this kid was 15-0 w 8 KOs nobody would have a bad thing to say about him. He’s moving along fine. I wouldn’t even put him in w Dirrell yet w 15 fights. He needs a Porky Medina type of guy. Idk how much use Angulo would be to him right now, but I don’t mind that idea. Peter Quillin as well.

Comment

Maybe this guy should fight someone in the top 100 next??? Boxing is a joke.

Comment

Boricua181

I agree that'll be his 18th fight, he's got to fight somebody at that time. Daniel Jacobs is ranked #1 in the US, and #2 in the world, by Boxingscene. If he beats Jacobs then he'll be ready for a title shot, in his next fight, or the fight that follows. I believe Edgar Berlanga is getting a bad rap because of the ease in which he's dispatching his opponents. I think he's fighting progressively tougher opponents, and still knocking them out with ease. We will see in the not to distant future if Berlanga is the goods, or not. In 2021 after the Puerto Rican Day Parade we'll have a better idea, because I do believe that his promoters will match him up with a top 10 contender on that night. Like I said in the past, he shouldn't change anything, because what he's doing is working for him. He'll go the rounds, and get into a firefight when he finally comes up against an opponent who can take it, as well as dish it out. Up to this point no one's been able to take his power, that's not his fault. He's doing what he's supposed to do win, by impressive knockouts, and all in the first round to top it off. That just irks some fans to no end, so they call him a bully, and a coward. There's something wrong with that mind set, it sounds to me like they're envious of his incredible success.
              Last edited by Boricua181; 10-26-2020, 02:46 PM. Reason: Added a few lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Berlanga needs the winner of Jacobs vs. Rosado for the PR Parade Day Weekend! Steven Nelson (17-0 w/ 14 KOs) would be a good test too, and he's fought on ESPN.

I think the loser would be a better test. Jacobs is too much too soon.

Comment

all talk
                  Did I miss something here cause I was pretty very few fighters are in world title fights at his age and experience level. I mean obviously some are but not the bigger portion. I do think he needs a legit opponent at this stage but calling him coward may be slightly premature

Comment

all talk
                    The bold! That's exactly what was said about Mike Tyson! They actually called it "the-bum-of the month club!" Actually, that originated from Joe Louis' era! They also said that about JCC Sr.! They also said that about Teofimo Lopez, until he beat Lomachenko! They also say that about Jaron "Boots" Ennis! Berlanga should pay no mind! You know you're doing good when you already have haters!

Comment

Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
                      I think the loser would be a better test. Jacobs is too much too soon.
                      I don't think so! I wouldn't see it like Mayweather vs. Canelo! I would see it more like Loma vs. Lopez! Jacobs is 33 and "chinny!" Berlanga hits way different than GGG and Canelo! That's a Big Boy! Jacobs or Rosado are perfect for the occasion, but Jacobs is better because he represents Brooklyn!

Comment

Working...
                      X