Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada Gets Off The Floor, Drops Cuadras Twice and Stops Him in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
    Thats weird. A blemish on the fight for sure because nobody knows what exactly could or would have transpired during those stolen seconds. I don't blame the fighters or count it against them because they were going to war while this entire ordeal happened. It was a great fight, I just wish the "hiccup" wouldn't have occurred.
    Juan Francisco Estrada did what he had to do. Maybe Cuadras can take comfort in this unfortunate event.
    Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
    Good catch guys. I had a feeling that round was suspiciously short but the DAZN timer was all messed up and had me confused a bit.

Watching the Mexican feed on this dailymotion upload makes it pretty obvious when you hear the bell and see 26 seconds remaining. Better part of 30 seconds could feel like an eternity in that situation, but I guess only the timekeeper is to blame?
    I think its suspicious that we hear the ten second warning, just before Carlos Cuadras drops Juan Francisco Estrada, it was like DAZN had manipulated the feed to convince the audience that Estrada made it out of round 3.

They done a good job because I did not even notice it during the suppose 'live-stream'. I'm reminded that certain live events have short delays which enables production-crews to edit mishaps during live-events.

One thing is clear, Carlos Cuadras should not let this stand, unfortunately I heard that this fight was not going to be sanctioned because the Mexican Athletic commission have been absent for boxing shows due to COVID -- what a perfect time to screw someone huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Juan Francisco Estrada did what he had to do. Maybe Cuadras can take comfort in this unfortunate event.

I think its suspicious that we hear the ten second warning, just before Carlos Cuadras drops Juan Francisco Estrada, it was like DAZN had manipulated the feed to convince the audience that Estrada made it out of round 3.

They done a good job because I did not even notice it during the suppose 'live-stream'. I'm reminded that certain live events have short delays which enables production-crews to edit mishaps during live-events.

One thing is clear, Carlos Cuadras should not let this stand, unfortunately I heard that this fight was not going to be sanctioned because the Mexican Athletic commission have been absent for boxing shows due to COVID -- what a perfect time to screw someone huh?
      Yeah maybe that's another reason it wasn't really obvious to me, DAZN slickly glossed over it with some quick editing tools...? I wasn't even looking at the timers but after watching so much boxing I feel like my body has a biological clock to know what 3 minutes feels like. Well assuming it's not an incredibly boring fight anyway where the rounds feel like an eternity. Clearly this was not to that kind of fight however...

I was following I think Mammoth's thread about the sanctioning issues but I don't remember how that panned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        Yeah maybe that's another reason it wasn't really obvious to me, DAZN slickly glossed over it with some quick editing tools...? I wasn't even looking at the timers but after watching so much boxing I feel like my body has a biological clock to know what 3 minutes feels like. Well assuming it's not an incredibly boring fight anyway where the rounds feel like an eternity. Clearly this was not to that kind of fight however...

I was following I think Mammoth's thread about the sanctioning issues but I don't remember how that panned out.
        These shenanigans are going under the radar because the fans and the interested parties want to see the rematch between Roman Gonzalez vs. Juan Francisco Estrada. I think the silence for this screw-job in the boxing community is pathetic.

If it happened to a major figure in the sport we never hear the end of it.

Comment

Working...
        X