No announcement yet.

Why are/were Wilder fans so obsessed with Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
    I think it would because he still fights at a high level. I always favored Ortiz over whyte in a h2h match-up and still do. Parker is 50/50 and yeah povetkin would probably be the favorite but none of these guys would blow him out. All competitive matches and they'd all be decent fights for the top dogs fury aj and Wilder.
    Ortiz was almost dropped by Hammer in the second round with a body shot what would Whytes do ? And he was bloodied up in that Hammer fight He’s clearly faded ,he shouldn’t be favored over any of those guys. Time moves on . I think AJ would walk right through Ortiz and Fury would easily have him breathing heavy by mid rounds , Wilder would still struggle because he has poor basic basic but that’s with just about everyone unless he catches them early . I don’t even think he gets by a bigger southpaw like Wallin . In 2021 I can’t see him being top 10 .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-21-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
      Big king kong fan but i'd like to see him vs Povetkin, Parker or Whyte to gauge how good he really is. Matter of fact, a round Robin between the four of them wouldn't be a bad idea.
      That would be great.

To answer OP's question, Ortiz seems to be Wilder's most legitimate win which is why they latch on to him. Ortiz also had an 'avoided' reputation, whether that's true or not I'm not sure (I know Whyte turned him down) but it gives Wilder fans the, 'he fought and beat one of the most avoided fighters in the division' argument.

That's all there is to it really, if Wilder had some better wins on his record, Ortiz might not come up as much.

Comment

this used to frustrate me a while back but fury showed what a hypejob wilder was, the whole world saw him beaten like a child, this so called hardest punching fighter of all time was absolutely EXPOSED

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
          That would be great.

To answer OP's question, Ortiz seems to be Wilder's most legitimate win which is why they latch on to him. Ortiz also had an 'avoided' reputation, whether that's true or not I'm not sure (I know Whyte turned him down) but it gives Wilder fans the, 'he fought and beat one of the most avoided fighters in the division' argument.

That's all there is to it really, if Wilder had some better wins on his record, Ortiz might not come up as much.
          Ortiz turned down a big PPV with Whyte in the U.K because he said he needed more time so Parker took him place . If you look at the date they fought you’ll see Ortiz fought on the exact same day against Razvan Cojanu .

He wasn’t avoided by anyone even skipped off his mandatory spot for AJ and blamed it on ducking when he had to fulfill one last contractual fight in a 3 fight deal on Matchroom while AJ was fighting his current mandatory who was Pulev , the last fight Ortiz was offered was actually Whyte in 2017 which makes him declined that match two times . Ha
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-21-2020, 06:19 AM.

Comment

It's Wilders best wins and although he didn't even pass his pre fight medical and is clearly 10 years older than he claims to be he is a highly regarded fighter which proves Wilder isn't that awful after all.

But just like Wilder he turned down career high pay days against Joshua and whyte, nobody has ducked Ortiz.
            Last edited by DaNeutral.; 10-21-2020, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
              Ortiz turned down a big PPV with Whyte in the U.K because he said he needed more time so Parker took him place . If you look at the date they fought you’ll see Ortiz fought on the exact same day against Razvan Cojanu . He wasn’t avoided by anyone even skipped off his mandatory for AJ .
              I thought there might be more to it than what I said but Ortiz seems to have built this reputation of being an avoided fighter which is fuel for Wilder fans when his resume is under question.

Comment

Originally posted by 786 View Post
                I thought there might be more to it than what I said but Ortiz seems to have built this reputation of being an avoided fighter which is fuel for Wilder fans when his resume is under question.
                I added this .

Ortiz in 2016/ 2017 was signed to a 3 fight deal by Matchroom and had to fulfill one last contractual fight in that 3 fight deal on Matchroom while AJ was fighting his current mandatory who was Pulev , the last fight Ortiz was offered was actually Whyte in 2017 which makes him declined that match two times . Instead of fighting Whyte and waiting for AJ he terminated his contract .
                Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-21-2020, 06:26 AM.

Comment

They have to. He’s the best win of Wilder’s career. What else does Wilder have if you still have to take away the only guy he’s got?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    I added this .

Ortiz in 2016/ 2017 was signed to a 3 fight deal by Matchroom and had to fulfill one last contractual fight in that 3 fight deal on Matchroom while AJ was fighting his current mandatory who was Pulev , the last fight Ortiz was offered was actually Whyte in 2017 which makes him declined that match two times . Instead of fighting Whyte and waiting for AJ he terminated his contract .
                    This is interesting. I'd never really looked that deeply into it, just heard that Whyte turned down a final eliminator with Ortiz, is there any truth to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
                      If you feel avoided, you and your team should make an offer. No body owes him any shhhit.
                      The only reason Ortiz is been talked about is because he is a southpaw lined up for wilder to feed on.
                      Whyte was offered a title eliminator against Ortiz and noped out of there with speed no one knew he had.

Comment

Working...
                      X