No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loma-Lopez Mea Culpa: Making Sense of a Pick Gone Bad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    After this weekend humiliating L for boxing 'experts' and their blind followers on NSB, I bumped Bumochenko cult senior Bishop Lyle Fitzsimmons to #1. on the boxingscene C4C ( Clown 4 Clown ) ratings ; and dropped Bumchenko from #1. at lightweight to #4., behind Gervonta Davis.

Lyle, dont take it personal, you provide value to the boxingscene with your joke fanboy predictions.
    I disagree. The biggest joke of a boxing writer is Rosenthal. As I pointed out here. After the Wilder-Fury I fight, he came out with a piece which included "after the verdict of a draw neither man had his arm raised" [or words to that effect]. If he had either actually watched the fight or knew the rules of boxing, he'd have seen or known that both had their arms raised in the draw. And that "writer' has won the Nat Fleischer award.

It's comforting to know that boxing writers like boxing itself is so wonderfully corrupt.

Comment

This BS again Lyle Fitzsimmons? Yeah you admitted you picked wrong but how about exaggerating the dominance of Loma? Then you found a Mancini quote to not give Teo his due.

So Loma sits out four months longer than Teo and that’s the difference maker. Had nothing to do with Teo putting that Jab out their so Loma couldn’t take his standard risks. And how did you see Loma win 5 whole rounds? Just because he did better in the 7th and 8th Than before doesn’t mean he automatically wins the rounds. Then you complain about Julies card that got the decision right, but no complaints about Wards that stirred up a bunch of unnecessary controversy in an easy to score fight. And we know what is up when chief agenda Jim Lampley starts to throw life preservers. So are we now saying the Salido win wasn’t valid. Please Jim tell me why Lomachenko didn’t deserve that loss also. Lyle thanks for giving me another fock the boxing media moment. Reminds how biased you SOB’s are and makes me become even more aggressive. Give Teophemo his due. The kid earned it and Loma at anytime could have taken more risks. But he was afraid to get knocked out early.

Comment

The fact he gave round 7 to Loma is a joke. He should watch it again, there's simply no way in hell anyone can give Loma 7, he did next to nothing and got hit over and over.

Comment

I never take my card from my first view of a fight, it takes away from enjoying the fight. I just get into the boxing sure I get a feel for who won what round but it is the second view that I can score a fight a bit more fair. But that is just me. Enjoy the fight first then detail it out a bit more. Maybe that is odd but the fight game is full of emotion, fire, prejudice hate, all kinds of good stuff as far as boxing goes. After the fight I can calm down but on first eye shot I am going to kick and holler first. Just me. But I have no pressures of being a prfessional boxing writer. Just a guy who likes to see two guys try to hurt each other. Then show respect after the bout is done. Hopefully. Got some good fights coming up at least on paper. Showtime has a tripple kid from Baltimore looked good the few times I saw him I better stop. Not till the fans come back will I personally really get to the level of enjoying the fights to the fullest. DONE I HOPE
          BLUES

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            To the writer. Did you write what you believed ? Did you write what your gut told you? You got a fight call wrong, I got it right. Same difference. know what turned me on saturday and I posted it over at TSS. Is that Lomo talked about how tuff it was in his country as if he was here just to pick up a check. That the USA was weak, we lost our fight in us. The fight was like an afterthought. Something to take care of and move on. I said it much more nasty bc he had it coming to him. Sometimes in a fight a guy just is not meant to loose. Forget the numbers, forget the records, you see it in his face a lot. It is missed with these carnival ring enteries nowadays. In the ring it is always a fight. Not postioning for the next guy, it is a fight. I can not write, I am no historian but I enjoy a good fight always have. Lomo took himself too seriously and this whole country too lightly. He became Mr. ESPN. He said what ?
            "in my country if you.........." Welcome to American. Hope it stings, hope it lingers, hope it takes a while to forget.
            BLUES
            Funny thing is he never ever referred to himself as a great or number 1. In Ukrainian, Russian, or English.

He knows he's good and he wanted tough challenges from his first pro fight. He was surprised by his loss to Salido, and learned from it. I hope the same after this fight.

Funny thing is I rather see Loma's next fight than Teofimo's. Loma fights are a lot more interesting to me, especially at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
              I disagree. The biggest joke of a boxing writer is Rosenthal. As I pointed out here. After the Wilder-Fury I fight, he came out with a piece which included "after the verdict of a draw neither man had his arm raised" [or words to that effect]. If he had either actually watched the fight or knew the rules of boxing, he'd have seen or known that both had their arms raised in the draw. And that "writer' has won the Nat Fleischer award.

It's comforting to know that boxing writers like boxing itself is so wonderfully corrupt.
              You think that Rosenthal got paid to write this article? Can you provide proof. If you know of any type of cheating (drug) or bribing, can you please please reveal it so we can improve this sport.

If you have no proof, then you should not libel someone like that. It's very possible he really thought Loma was going to fly through this kid and did not take bribes to write this article. I could be wrong, but defaming without proof is a myth until you show us something.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post
                You think that Rosenthal got paid to write this article? Can you provide proof. If you know of any type of cheating (drug) or bribing, can you please please reveal it so we can improve this sport.

If you have no proof, then you should not libel someone like that. It's very possible he really thought Loma was going to fly through this kid and did not take bribes to write this article. I could be wrong, but defaming without proof is a myth until you show us something.
                What an idiot you are. You can't discern when I'm clearly talking about Rosenthal or when I'm talking about Fitz.

Your attempt to threaten someone with libel shows how dishonest and corrupt you are. I stated the facts about Rosenthal writing that "neither fighter had their hand raised" in the Wilder fight--when BOTH actually did. And here's corrupt you trying to say my stating of fact is libel. Again you can't even discern which writer I'm talking about.

Most of the posters here have said Fitz' article was rotten. Gonna claim they're all libelous?

And don't dare put words in my mouth. I never said there was any money involved.
                Last edited by johnbook; 10-20-2020, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Shameless. Shameless. Shameless. Screw you too. We told you Loma is a bum. I'll never bother reading a trash from you again. BoxingScene should fire you for writing that gay stuff you wrote last week. Screw Loma too, the coward.

Comment

Originally posted by johnbook View Post
                    What an idiot you are. You can't discern when I'm clearly talking about Rosenthal or when I'm talking about Fitz.

Your attempt to threaten someone with libel shows how dishonest and corrupt you are. I stated the facts about Rosenthal writing that "neither fighter had their hand raised" in the Wilder fight--when BOTH actually did. And here's corrupt you trying to say my stating of fact is libel. Again you can't even discern which writer I'm talking about.

Most of the posters here have said Fitz' article was rotten. Gonna claim they're all libelous?

And don't dare put words in my mouth. I never said there was any money involved.
                    I made a mistake, I meant to say Fitz.

Comment

i cant blame anyone for picking loma...i liked teo in this matchup but it was so intriguing and a tough one to call...but i think boxing scribes fall in love with the idea of a loma...this "out of this world" talent ...its easy to write about and gush...

Comment

Working...
                      X