Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Two Years Of Magical Thinking: Lopez's Vision Comes True Against Lomachenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Two Years Of Magical Thinking: Lopez's Vision Comes True Against Lomachenko

By Corey Erdman - On the week of the biggest fight of his life, Teofimo Lopez fielded a whole lot of questions, ranging from typical tactical queries to deep dives into his relationship with his father and extended family. The easiest question, which came in his final virtual media availability, was "what are you reading these days?" He replied that he had recently...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I wasn't sure if Lopez was the real deal because of his performance vs Nakatani but I'm a believer now. He proved that he's a very skilled boxer not just a puncher

Comment

So much for ESPN promoting Loma as there is not a fighter born yet that cn beat him or that his fighter knew that he was going to be great before he was born.

Loma is still an excellent fighter and has the ability to win a rematch.

Comment

LOMO has two more real good fights left him before any talk of fade comes in. He lost tho. He lost the fight, Lopez deserves to say what he wants, fight who he wants next, $$$$ is there now. Young man can develop more, or could go in the other direction never know. Glad LOMO lost hit hit me Sat Afternoon posted it up agaist a lot of smarter boxing people then me. Dont say in my country we are so tough, then come to America like you own it. It is tough here too. HOw many bodies dropped last night in the City. That is when he got to me personally. Before it was ESPN big mouth announcers with his blessings of course but still. So good. I dont want the USA to just me a staging ground for fights, we need it to be the breeding ground for great fighters. Ukraine, UK whatever dont come here just to make money and kick dirt on us. Little pride never hurt nobody.

Comment

Lol... Truth is Loma hasn’t faded, as he was for about two rounds and some change he is the same Loma. He just ran into a slick Latino boxer from Brooklyn.

The truth is this...since Chocolotitito lost his false HBO podium the boxing media has been romanticizing Loma to a point where they began to drink their own tainted with Hallucinogen kool-aid.

Now to save delusional ego they are acting like something “magical,” had to happen for Loma to loose a “second time.”

Anyone objective has said Loma was not P4P # 1 but maybe top 2-3. ESPN even did a first and tried to erase the Salido loss from his record? WBC gave Loma a FAF franchise title to keep the mythology going when Haney deserved his shot.

They convinced themselves that Loma was a boxing God and thankfully so. If they saw his weaknesses as we did, we would not have seen an historical fight in Loma vs Lopez.

We need a new boxing media without this emotional bias or group prioritizing agenda. You guys are killing the sport in a world where people can identify with everyone as a hero. Not only because you prevent fights from happening but you set expectations so high that when the truth comes to fruition the fans that believe your hype are flattened and leave.

Stop with the agenda. It’s not good for boxing. You can celebrate but there is no need to exaggerate. This is a sport first, it is not just a show. Take your power back from the promoters. Believe me that exclusive is not worth your journalistic soul.
          Last edited by Fire4231; 10-19-2020, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Wow totally stunned. Props to Lopez and much respect to him, and to Loma as well for giving us some great boxing. Maybe Loma makes an epic comeback, we'll see. This is why we watch this beautiful sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone27 View Post
              I wasn't sure if Lopez was the real deal because of his performance vs Nakatani but I'm a believer now. He proved that he's a very skilled boxer not just a puncher
              I am a believer, too. #Brooklyn all day baby! BROOKLYN!!!!!!

Comment

Another hype job cut down to size. Loma looked vulnerable at this weight almost every fight he had at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post

We need a new boxing media without this emotional bias or group prioritizing agenda. You guys are killing the sport in a world where people can identify with everyone as a hero. Not only because you prevent fights from happening but you set expectations so high that when the truth comes to fruition the fans that believe your hype are flattened and leave.
                  Boxing wouldn't survive financially without this. This is what all good promoters do - feed a load of load level boxers to their guy then put him in a title fight to cash in.

MMA is like a more down-to-earth version of boxing where fans know their fighters can lose and where the fighters don't get to pick their fights . And naturally the financial rewards are much lower. There is only one champion per weight class and they always have losses. MMA is real life. Boxing is fantasy,

Boxing needs the hype to make those huge multi-million fights like Fury and Wilder. Who did Wilder actually beat? And who did Fury ever beat apart from a pre-retirement Wlad?

If they promoted these fights as they really are the earnings would be much much less

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
                    Another hype job cut down to size. Loma looked vulnerable at this weight almost every fight he had at it.
                    So you don`t even give Lopez any credit. You just discredit Lomachenko. Boxing doesn`t need "fans" like you.

Comment

Working...
                    X