Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You really lose the right to bicker about the decision after throwing almost nothing for half the fight.

Literally threw one punch every 36 seconds for six rounds. No one to blame but himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      Loma clearly won the 2nd round IMO.
      Absolutely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        You really lose the right to bicker about the decision after throwing almost nothing for half the fight.
        Exactly...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
          Partly lay off , Teo power/size and his focus early on was insane . Regardless by the 5th round he should've started his attack not 7th
          Teo not biting on his feints has a lot to do with it imo. That’s how loma sets up his offence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            Exactly...
            I mean to put that in perspective, in Mayweather vs Pacquiao each fighter threw about 36 punches per round.

Loma threw about 10 punches a round for 6 rounds. He was more than 3 times less offensive than a fight widely considered to be one of the most boring super fights of all time.

Comment

• Hell, even Rigondeaux threw many more punches in an average round than Loma did for most rounds last night. And he's not known for punch output.

Loma laid an egg.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-18-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                I mean to put that in perspective, in Mayweather vs Pacquiao each fighter threw about 36 punches per round.

Loma threw about 10 punches a round for 6 rounds. He was more than 3 times less offensive than a fight widely considered to be one of the most boring super fights of all time.
                It was inexplicable really. He let HALF THE FIGHT go by before he stepped it up. He must have thought he could get the stoppage. He was going for the same shot he got linares with, but Lopez kept that elbow tucked. The head shots weren’t having the same effect they do on smaller opponents. Lopez proved too big and durable to be stopped.

Comment

• Watching little guys fight is like watching paint dry. Arum has been cherry picking that is why Loma has looked so good since losing to Salido and a MD to Russel Jr. If Loma fights top little guys every fight he will lose at least 50%.
                  Last edited by CmdrSoCal; 10-18-2020, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    It was inexplicable really. He let HALF THE FIGHT go by before he stepped it up. He must have thought he could get the stoppage. He was going for the same shot he got linares with, but Lopez kept that elbow tucked. The head shots weren’t having the same effect they do on smaller opponents. Lopez proved too big and durable to be stopped.
                    Yeah I think regardless of what he said he felt real urgency in the second half. I think he knew he needed a stoppage or at least a knockdown to be in contention on the cards.

Would've been real exciting to see him pull it off but, it's not a great strategy. Especially when he looked clearly smaller.

Comment

• No way dreamer, yes slumber u wake up. U lost d 1st 6 rounds, u picked up pace but didn't win last 6 Loma. Teofimo won at least 2 rounds in d second half.

Comment

Working...
                      X