Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Salido: I Stayed On Top of Lomachenko, I Did Not Allow Him To Think!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Lets put some facts into that Salido fight.

1) Salido overweight
    2) Unpunished low blows by Salido (ref's fault really)

These are facts, not just opinions.
    But kidbazooka said the low blows didn't matter.

Anyway, I'm glad Siri spoke up and shared the gameplan, because that's NOT how Lopez fights. He can't.

In to generate KO power, he has to plant feet. Other than that he's a (poor) counterpuncher. He's not a mover and he's not a ring bully.

The moment he stops moving, Loma will begin the ballet lesson. At least until Lopez quits.

Comment

Originally posted by BoZz View Post
      Like I said before, rigo not one solid punch hit him, gave up...Linares one body shot...gave up..Walters hardly hit, he too gave up...something ain't right here, either Lomachenko's foot work is making them dizzy or his fluffy jabs are really having an effect on those quitters lol
      I agree with you about overhyping fighters. But just to be clear.

Leonard / Duran 2.

Sugar never hurt that man. Yet Duran still quit.

Mayweather / Ortiz.

Mayweather never hurt that man. Yet Ortiz still (effectively) quit.

Jacobs vs. Chavez Jr.

A cut. A small one. Chavez from my eyes was actually doing good. Then he quit.

I'll quote Atlas on this one.

You don't know anything about a fighter until they're tested INSIDE.

Some guys just don't have the heart to continue getting taunted and embarrassed.

Which I why I keep saying that Lopez being an emotional wreck (on record) increases his risk of quitting too. You don't tell your trainer "no more tall fighters" after one lit you up with right hands.

Comment

To many boxers forget the importance of body work. Salido worked the body for 12 rounds, to take a deserved win, in a very clean fight. This was the fight that got Laurence Cole inducted into the International Hall of Fame.

Comment

yeah you didnt make weight and stayed on top of his nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            To many boxers forget the importance of body work. Salido worked the body for 12 rounds, to take a deserved win, in a very clean fight. This was the fight that got Laurence Cole inducted into the International Hall of Fame.
            [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

Salido was a rugged experienced fighter, and a mean motherfacker! He fought everyone and always didi everything he could to win. Loma was just not ready for that. It was a gutsy move that got him attention, it took his 0, but fortunately not his soul. It made him tougher, smarter and wiser.

Comment

It was split decision win, that means one judge thought Loma won, salido should stfu lol....clearly was cheating with low blows and lost late rounds as well... mfer bragging getting split decision win on Lomas second pro fight, SmH
                Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 10-17-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Salido came overweight and attacked the ball sack with no repercussions. That was Loma's first 12 round fight and the inexperienced showed as he paced himself too much.

I remember him turning it up in the second half of the fight and Salido looked like he could had been taken out.

Loma learned a lo of lessens that night.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                    Salido came overweight and attacked the ball sack with no repercussions. That was Loma's first 12 round fight and the inexperienced showed as he paced himself too much.

I remember him turning it up in the second half of the fight and Salido looked like he could had been taken out.

Loma learned a lo of lessens that night.
                    This... 100%

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      I agree with you about overhyping fighters. But just to be clear.

Leonard / Duran 2.

Sugar never hurt that man. Yet Duran still quit.

Mayweather / Ortiz.

Mayweather never hurt that man. Yet Ortiz still (effectively) quit.

Jacobs vs. Chavez Jr.

A cut. A small one. Chavez from my eyes was actually doing good. Then he quit.

I'll quote Atlas on this one.

You don't know anything about a fighter until they're tested INSIDE.

Some guys just don't have the heart to continue getting taunted and embarrassed.

Which I why I keep saying that Lopez being an emotional wreck (on record) increases his risk of quitting too. You don't tell your trainer "no more tall fighters" after one lit you up with right hands.
                      From what I've seen Duran should of never been in the right the second time around, and I believe that was Leonard's strategy just to get him inside the ring at his worst,hence why he invited him to a birthday party before the fight.

Mayweather on the other hand landed a clear punch on Ortiz, and he hit him on a good spot too.

And when it comes to Chavez Jr, I mean do we really have to mention that kid? He's been all over the place since the start of his career.

And you're right it is a hard sport I respect every fighter who enters the ring, but you gotta see it from a different angle..I understand for example why Joe Frazier didn't get up in the 3rd fight against Ali, that was about life and death, I understand why Kostya Tszyu didn't get up against Hatton..he gave it his best and he knew that if he kept going he might of suffered a injury to his brain which could cost him his life or even worse make him a vegetable for the rest of his life.

But when you have someone like Rigo, he was talking sh** for fkn months, he would do this he would do that and what happened at the end? He quit..why did he quit? Because he got embarrassed because he missed most of his punches? And I understand this statement you wrote You don't know anything about a fighter until they're tested INSIDE but in Rigo's case for example or in Walters case, how did they get tested? I respect every boxer but at the same time everyone who steps inside the ring knows what could happen.

People work hard to go to watch fights, people travel to watch their fighters fight, they spend money on PPV's etc..

Like I said I respect someone making the decision not to keep going because they received a lots of damage during the fight but in this case I really don't understand why they quit so easily.

Comment

Working...
                      X