No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Muhammad Ali Gets New Trainer, Eager To Return To The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

Come on man, you gotta change your name if your name is Muhammad Ali & a boxer.

Use your middle name or nickname.

You can't just call yourself "Muhammad Ali"
    It is one of the most common names in the world. There are millions of Muhammad Ali's alive right now.

It is like asking a John Smith to change his name because John Smith's is a brand of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
      Yeah your heavyweights kick ass......oh no, I forgot, they are all third rate.
      We have every belt in the prime weight division, USWho?
      You guys always have a few top rate guys. But you overhype guys like no one else. A few guys are always legit and more or less properly rated - Fury, Froch, BJS. But if I have to one more time hear about Dillian Whyte being the best HW in the world, or to watch out for this new guy Liam someone and check out how great he is, I am going to scream.

Comment

He's dead. Several years now

Comment

A man has the right to change his name to whatever he wants to change it to. And if a man wants to be called Muhammad Ali, godammit this is a free country, you should respect his wishes, and call the man Muhammad Ali!

Comment

Ali is coming out of retirement?

Ali vs Fury.

Let's rehash "dream match"

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
              You guys always have a few top rate guys. But you overhype guys like no one else. A few guys are always legit and more or less properly rated - Fury, Froch, BJS. But if I have to one more time hear about Dillian Whyte being the best HW in the world, or to watch out for this new guy Liam someone and check out how great he is, I am going to scream.
              Nobody has ever called Dillian Whyte "the best HW in the world" ever. Not even Dillian Whyte thinks that.

Comment

Nobody has ever called Dillian Whyte "the best HW in the world" ever. Not even Dillian Whyte thinks that.
                Oh now that he got put old cold by Povetkin everyone comes back down to reality I guess. If you didn't see the massive Whyte support on this site before that fight, I don't think you were here for it.

I forget the guy's username but there was definitely a guy on here swearing that Whyte was the number 1 HW. Many had him top 3 and most UK posters swore he would beat Wilder.

Comment

It is one of the most common names in the world. There are millions of Muhammad Ali's alive right now.

It is like asking a John Smith to change his name because John Smith's is a brand of beer.
                  If John Smith is also going to start a brand of beer, he's not going to be able to call his beer "John Smith Beer" or he's getting sued.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                    Oh now that he got put old cold by Povetkin everyone comes back down to reality I guess. If you didn't see the massive Whyte support on this site before that fight, I don't think you were here for it.

I forget the guy's username but there was definitely a guy on here swearing that Whyte was the number 1 HW. Many had him top 3 and most UK posters swore he would beat Wilder.
                    I like Whyte, I like his attitude, he just wants to fight. They were saying he is the number 1 contender not heavyweight (and he was).

I still think Whyte beats Wilder. His style is all wrong for Wilder and Povetkin is a far better boxer than Wilder could ever be. Povetkin pulled off a single shot win over Whyte but unlike Wilder, it was down to skill, instinct and timing rather than power.

Unlike Wilder, Whyte hasn't quit the sport because he lost a fight, he gets straight back on the horse for a rematch.

The British don't drop support for a fighter just because he loses a fight, we aren't American. Whyte has not lost a single supporter since the Povetkin fight and again, nobody has ever called Dillian Whyte the best HW in the World.

Comment

Did Cassius Clay trademark his name when he changed it to Muhammad Ali?

Somebody born with that name has more right to use it than someone who was given the name for political/religious reasons.

Comment

Working...
                      X